What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which religions are represented here?

• Thread starter Odysseus
  • Start date
With all the expression in the Passion of Christ I feel it would be interesting to see which religions are represented here.  

From an experience at another CP forum, I asked the same question and made it into a poll of about 20 different religious denominations.  Having learned from that experience, instead of deciding myself which religions are included in the poll, I want to ask your help first.  
biggrin.gif

Thus, let me know about certain denominations that you would want to see in the future poll, post your choices here by 12am Friday, March 5th.  Then on Saturday I will use the denominations mentioned here for use in the Poll.  

To get you started, here's my list of what was included last time.  Let me know about which ones to combine, add, or even take away.  Trust me, I will take all suggestions into consideration.  Thank you for your help!
biggrin.gif

Buddhist
Hindu
Taoism
Jaidism
Jewish
Messianical Jew
Muslim
Falungon
Christian
Baptist
Pentecostal
Evangelist
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Catholic
Jehovah Witness
Presbyterian
Scientology
Atheist
Agnostic
Other

100% Christian, been that way, and will stay that way all my life

No religion(not really an Atheist either), for the sake of not offending anyone.

I'd add some Wiccan and other Pagan, "undecided", New Age, Methodist, Greek Orthodox, Amish, Quaker, Mormon, and I'm sure there are a few others (Hare Krishna?
tounge.gif
).

Personally, I'm am atheist, but like everyone.

Capslock

Athiest, but I send my kids to a sunday school for moral value.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 01 2004,18:40)]I'd add some Wiccan and other Pagan, "undecided", New Age, Methodist, Greek Orthodox, Amish, Quaker, Mormon, and I'm sure there are a few others (Hare Krishna?
tounge.gif
).

Personally, I'm am atheist, but like everyone.

Capslock
Actually I had Hare Krishna in my last poll, but being that they probably don't use the internet and have time for CPs I left it out. Plus, Mormon was on the list already.
biggrin.gif

I want everyone to know, that they have NO obligation to post what there religious belief here is. I did not intend for any posts like that. I just need a few more denominations to add to the POLL so that we can all use the anonymous poll. However, with here and along with the future POLL thread, you may feel free to let your religious persuasion be known. I just don't want anyone feeling offended or obligated.

Wezx-

Was that a request for Catholic or were you saying that your ARE Catholic? At any rate, Catholic is on the list so far and so come back and vote on saturday.

i was saying that i am Catholic

Messianic Jew. Didn't expect that category to show up, but that nails it. I was born and raised Jewish. When I was in fifth grade my parents also sent me to a Synogogue, where I learned how to read and speak Hebrew. At 13 I had a Bar Mitzvah. Though I learned about Judaism I didn't learn about faith. Consequently, by the time I was 15 I was a self-described atheist. However, in college, through the prayer and friendship of some people from a fellowship group, called InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF), I became a Christian. Being a person who wanted proofs, I never got them - or at least I never got anything that coudn't be rationalized away. Instead, however, there was enough evidence about the truth of Christianity to put my faith into it. I've been a part of Southern Baptist churches, Free Methodist, Mennonite, and Presbyterian. While I respect their distinctives I would never identify myself as being an ...ist / ite / ian. Faith transcends the man-made institutions and gives me a new family and a new life after this one ends.

I believe there are as many different religions as there are people.  Every one of us has our own belief system & sometimes you can categorize that into some recognized 'religion,' but there are many sects & sub-sects.   Hope you discover just what it is you are looking for.  
smile.gif

My best friend describes me as a "recovering Catholic" I guess that kinda works for me. I don't really have a fixed religion just my own set of moral beliefs that are sort of picked from everywhere. I guess you could call me a Neo-Patchworkist LOL

I am Lutheran. I too am a "recovering Catholic" (a long time ago). I like that term. I studied a few and found a home here. It is not perfect, but none is. That people are not perfect is the point.

In my job I teach other officers how to survive. You must have a belief system, something to live for. I believe in a loving God and my Family. That's what I go home for.

Atheist.

I'm officialy Muslim in Malaysia and Lutheran in Norway, but I'm a atheist....

Episcopalian but open to go to different churches.

I am a member of the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA). May I point out though that its what you believe that's going to count in the long run, not which church you belong to.

SF

Back