What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to post pics???????????

Ok, I seem to have discovered the picture posting gallery, but after looking around for how to upload the pictures for about an hour, I found nothing except myself pulling my hair out. There doesn't seem to be any source which tells how t post pictures. I see the phrase "post ur pics" all the time, but I can't do anything about it!
wow.gif

Can one (or more as it might take longer for me to understand) of you guide me through the process, cuz I have a sarracenia flower which I need info about (species, where to pollinate, how to pollinate...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
)

Thankz,
Jason

First off, by "picture posting gallery", I assume you mean this site?

The first thing you need to do is register, or login if you've already done that. Click on the Private Plant Collections link. You should see a representative picture from all the subalbums. In the upper right hand corner, you will see a little pull down box called "Admin Options". Pull it down and select New Nested Album. Enter the album you just created and upload pictures by again selecting the little pull down box called "Admin Options" and choosing "Add Photo".

This will give you a popup box (make sure your security system allows them) that asks you for the file name. Click browse and find it on your computers harddrive. Upload it and your done.

You also want to go to "Preferences" in you album options. Change the Album Name to whatever you want.

Tell me when you get this far, and I'll step you through the rest of the way to posting a pic.

SF

If you want to be able post your picture in some of the topics on the forums you can also use the Pet Flytrap User Pages located here: PFT User Pages

Click on create new account.  After creating your account access it by signing in.  After signing in a file manger will show up.  Click on images. Then go down to a button which is labeled upload file(s) and click it.  A file upload screen will show up.  To add a file click the browse button and find the file on your computer.   Then click upload and wait.  After it uploads you'll be taken back to your images.  You should see the file you uploaded.  To see a preview of it click the little picture next to the file's name.  A window will pop up and your picture will be displayed.  Now copy the address of the picture from the address bar in your toolbar.  Go to the topic you want to post it in and click the Image button.  A script prompt window will open and paste the address of the image there.  A line in your message should appear that starts with .  And if you did it right the picture will be displayed after you post your message.  Hope this helps.

-buckeye

Yippeee!...I've got up to the point where I have actually made some progress in picture posting... see this:

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/Jason-pics

Well, at least I've got up to that point, but now I'm at a loss again of what to do, I think I've already meddled with the post buttons and links enough to ask for help. Could you tell me how to go through the rest of the process, Snowy?
(or anybody else for that matter)
wink.gif

Thanks much,
Jason

(Ps. the info was really useful...thanks guys!)

This sounds SOOOOOO familiar!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Jimscott! See? You're not alone!
biggrin.gif

Alright, Jason. You still need to give your album a name so that it doesn't say "Untitled".

Step 1) Go to your album
Step 2) Left Click on the picture you want to post (this will give you the bigger version of the pic)
Step 3) Right click on the picture and go to properties.
Step 4) One of the things listed in the properties is a Address or URL. Highlight this and hit CTRL + C on your keyboard. This copies the address.
Step 5) Come to your post and click the Image button. You will get a pop-up box asking for a address. Hit CTRL +V on your keyboard. This will paste the address into the box.

Step 6) Click OK and post!

I think this should cover it. If you're still stuck, let me know. BTW, your Sarr looks like a S. X catesbaei to me.

SF

I'VE GOT IT!!!!!
Phew, after all these hours of trying!
Thanks for all the help guys (especially Snowy who helped me step by step through the process)
wink.gif
smile.gif

I owe you one!
smile.gif

Look here to see my success!

My Webpage

I little big, I suppose, but I can figure out how to make it smaller later, I think it might be because of the jpeg picture format?

Thanks so much!
Jason

(Now where's that topic my brother wezx posted about making file size smaller...have to look for that...)
tounge.gif
wink.gif

edit your photos dimensions before you upload them.  Something around 4" x 6" is usually fine. This will also make the files size reasonable for most connections.(something around 50-100kbytes)

T

Back