What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID these neps please!

Hey, I just recieved an order from petflytrap and as usuall the plants are great and they even tossed in some extras even though it was a sale item!
Well I ordered two different types of Nepenthes-
1 N. Sanuniea
1 N. Ventricosa

They put both of them in the same bag so I'm having a diffucult time deciding which is which. Looking at the plants the only difference I noticed was on one Nep the leaves where skinnier and more elongated, and the other Nep was more of wider and shorter. The pitchers both look the same... Can you guys ID the plants from the given Info?

Thanks

Well, on MY versions of these plants, the N. sanguinea has wider leaves. And they also are pointier at the tips than the ventricosa, which has more rounded off leaf tips. They are pretty similar looking though! You should be able to tell soon enough by the pitchers.

Capslock

they should name them before they put them in there lol
smile.gif

I'm sure I can probably figure their ID's soon...Really though their a GREAT deal for just under 2.00 a piece and some of them even have little plantlets growing on the stems (mine has three or four)

Back