What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red-tailed hawk close encounter!!!

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
Ok something really awsome happened to me a few minuts ago. I was climbing a bunch of fallen trees out behind my house and scared away a flock of chipping sparrows from the pile of wood. They flew a short distance away and settled down. Then i saw a pigion flying over the feild. A pigeon with really pointy wings. Then i realized it was a hawk.

And, as i was watching it, it plunged, no more than 20 feet from me talons outstretched, and grabbed someting off the ground. Then it flew over my head and i could see the prey clutched in its talons and its red tail.

I folowed it to a lightpoast, where it prompltly ripped feathers out of it and fed.

It was so awsome! I relize now that the sparows were in the woodpile hiding from the hawk, and if i hadnt come along they would have been fine. I feel sort of guilty, but im just too exited at the momen to feel bad.

That's awesome! I've seen ospreys diving for fish around here, but nothing like that!

SF

awesome! that sparks my interest in falconry again! too bad i cant find a sponsor
sad.gif

Back