What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf cuttings

Will someone tell me how to take leaf cuttings on My S. Flava, and VFT, In laimans terms, Pictures would be nice.

I don't have a picture, but it was described as basically peeling a leaf off all the way down to the base of the bulb or rhizome, where you can see the white part. Does that make sense?

You cant do a leaf cutting/rooting on a sarr.You have to do a rizome division.On a vft,you just pull the leaf down till it rips off,taking part of the rhizome with it.plant it in some peat/pealite or spagnum moss and put under lights and keep humid.Only plant the white rhizome part of the leaf.

Jerry

Hey Kirk, as far as I know, you can't really take sar cuttings (only divisions of the rizomes...rhisomes? .... ri...oh, forget it....I can't spell worth a lick...you know what I mean, the bulb ). However there is a very good article in the articles section by our very own Wildbill about VFT leaf cuttings. I've used the method myself.

Back