What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PICTURES!!!

Hi,
heres some pics
IMG_1642.JPG

drosera burmannii (from Forbes)
IMG_1668.JPG

n. bicalcarata
IMG_1737.JPG

I got this from Tony on march 1st. Since I got it, it has grown the forming pitcher in the pic.
IMG_1740.JPG

b. liniflora from seed
IMG_1747.JPG

I recieved these as turions this month, the other plant is u. inflata ( in the background)  
smile.gif

Matt

Very nice plants, droseadude.

Love the Heliamphora and N. Bicalcarata.

niiiiiice! did that drosera burmanii eat that rat? (inside joke)
laugh.gif

Beautiful! I especialy like theN.bicalcarata.

Nice plants!!!

Jerry

* looks at the pot with b. liniflora

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! spider spider spider!

*throws the pot on the ground snd squashes it. SPIDER!

Oh and the other plants are nice.

STOMP

Matt: I was given a packet of D. burmannii seeds a couple months ago and now I have a bazillion seedlings. How do you care for them? How big do they get? What is their life cycle like?

Very nice plants!! If you don't mind me asking, where do you grow them?? It looks like your heli. is growing in a greenhouse. Thanks,

-buckeye

thanks alot everyone!!
Buckeye: Most of these plants are in a plastic crate with 2 compact flourescents (big bright ones) above it on clip on work lamps
Finch: I guess they do look like spiders!!

JimScott:I didn't grow them from seed, but they are pretty tolerant plants for me. Just treat them like a drosera capensis. moderate humidity, moderate light, warm temps. (high light is fine too)
Matt

the h. minor pitcher might open tomorrow... I'll get a picture then.
smile.gif

Very nice looking plants you got there Matt.
smile.gif
Good job. D. burmannii is one of my favorites.

Jim, D. burmanni is usually treated like an annual. They grow and mature pretty quickly and produce a lot of seed. After heavy flowering they often will begin to slump. You then start more plants with the seeds to keep them going. Some people keep them longer term. It may depend on the amount of flowering though. I have a pot bursting with 4-5 large plants and I will probably not let all of them flower to see if I can keep them longer. They put a lot of energy into making seed. Its like anything else, deadheading flowers lets the plant put energy back into the plant instead of making seed.

My 2 burmannii cents.
smile.gif

Thank you!

more pics
IMG_1784.JPG
my tiny ceph
droseradude:
IMG_1778.JPG

coming out of dormancy
IMG_1772.JPG

'akai ryu' needs more light
IMG_1762.JPG

d. capensis alba
IMG_1758.JPG

new amp pitcher
IMG_1756.JPG

u. inflata
IMG_1757.JPG

who said utrics were beautiful? j/k  
biggrin.gif

*the last pic is u. inflata also. On the ceph, the only leaves I grew big noncarnivorous one and "most" of the developing pitcher. But I guess thats a lot since it doesn't have many leaves.
smile.gif

whats in that last pot? slime?

tounge.gif
the last pic is u. inflata out of water on a stick!! auquatic bladderworts look like slime out of water. Ok, the h. minor trap opened.

IMG_1796.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

ok, the pics weren't working for some reason. They're working now. (the new h. minor pic)
anyway, I got this succulent rock cactus thing yesterday, and today the flower opened.
IMG_1815.JPG

Back