What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce 5, 3D Creation/ Animation

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Hey people,
I do some graphic art using 3D modeling and whatnot, and am wondering if anyone else does this as well? Still beginner/ intermediate looking for model ideas or tips.

wink.gif
Joe

no idea whay your talking about

I've messed around with Bryce a little.
Here's a picture I made.

567reach_for_the_stars.jpg

I used Simply 3D because that is what I have, but I like 3D studio max best... For seudo 3D I use adobi photoshop and for vectors I use adobi illustraitor. I have not heard of the program you are speaking of, is there a website?

www.corel.com is the website. Not terribly informative you would also be wise to run searches on it. I do have it and love it , but creating model objects is frusterating sometimes and I still dont know how I would creat a Nep pitcher. Bryce 5 is actually part of what was used to do the lanscaping and background for the Lord of the Rings movies. Its really cool and fairly user friendly.

Joe

Hey Everyone -

I'm a MAYA user myself. There are samples of my work at www.lifehouseproductions.com. Check out the Deer Tick.

Some tips for you people learning 3D would be to keep a notebook and write down what you do, how you figured something out. The 3D programs are sooo incredibly complicated that you might not remember how you made something and it's nice to have something to refer to a few months later. Also, when building a model, etc. don't be afraid to start over from scratch - it's often faster and easier the second time around. Often, when I have to build a big complicated detailed model, I'll sketch out my ideas on paper first. Then I will build a very simple version to see if the methods work, before going for broke on the final one.

I've done a few CP things for myself - goofing around, really:

NepBuggy.jpg

Coby.jpg

WildBill

WildBill, those are awesome! More please!
smile.gif

Awesome pics WildBill...

I studied 3D animation on 3D Studio Max in college but gave it up for desk job...
sad.gif
Never did get to work with Maya.

Here's some more I had created for the CP talks I occasionally give:

Dewly2.jpg

Close Up of Sundew Tendrils

TrayCobra.jpg

The "Tray System"

Sleep.jpg

"Dormancy"

That's it for the 3D CP artwork so far. I hope you enjoyed them!

WildBill

I use 3DS Max at work all the time. We are currently using it in to produce art and animation for 3D PC game. Maya is also a great package, and is better for character art and animation, while 3DS Max is better tailored to architecure and less organic forms. However, both programs can do all tasks quite well.

The best way to learn these programs, which have steep learning curves, is to simply use it constantly. Model up anything and everything. Keep trying new techniques and features, little by little. For me, this method is far faster and better than classrooms (which have their place as well) or other tutorial lessons.

This is a great field, with high-paying and fun jobs. I highly recommend it, but be forewarned that it is competitive, and you have to do a lot of work for a long time to get good. Good luck!

Capslock
www.flagshipstudios.com

PS: Fun stuff, Wildbill!

Bill - "goofing around!?!" I couldn't make such gorgeous images if I tried. Lovely stuff! We're all greedy here, we'd love to see more!

Back