What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Here are a few images I took with my new camera (Fuji FinePix S70000).

lets try this again...

veitchii bicalcarata VFT drosera
4cp%20veit%20bic%20vft%20D..jpg

truncata echinostoma truncataxspathulata sanguinea
4nep%20trun%20ech%20truxspat%20san.jpg

Hope you like the pics

-hamata

Stunning photos, especially the last one.  The clarity is fantastic. That certainly must be a great camera and you really have the techinique down pat.  What is the closest, in inches, that you can get to the subject?
I see palm trees in the backround.  Are you from Florida?

Nice pics
Love the macro on the Drosera ;>

I would also suggest to resize them before uploading. It was hard to fit more than 1/4 of each image on my 19" monitor. It also took 20 minutes to open all the images ;<
Tony

Hi lauderdale. Great guese! I am from florida. As a matter of fact, I've been trying to organize another meeting for the South Florida CP society( http://flcpsociety.tripod.com/ ). I know you coudn't make it to the last one. I sent Lenny an email, but he hasn't replied yet (he might have erased it thinking it was spam, but maybe he will see this). Clyde gave me info about a place that may be able to host a meeting for free! You can visit the site and tell me what you think http://members.tripod.com/~PalmHammockOrchidEst/phoe.html
The place looks really beautiful.
I was thinking since they don't have CPs there, members can bring a couple plants to show and maybe stuff to trade/give away. I have some cuttings of N. mirabilis 'winged' and I have a byblis that keeps seeding plus my cousin has lots of N. X manny herrera cuttings (khasiana x mirabilis) as well. I could probably bring my truncata to show too.

As for the camera, the closest it can get to the subject is about 0.4 to 7.9 in. (1-20cm) on super macro. Its a really good camera-very easy to use. These are the first pictures i've taken with it so far. I'm going to have a really big truncata piture soon-as long as nothing goes wrong. I'm expecting it to be taller than 8 in. I going to post a pic of that one and uppers on echinostoma as soon as they come in.

Jonathan

Very nice but they are nearly 500k in size each - scale them down!

Nice photos!
smile.gif
But waaaay too big! I have high-speed access at work and it took a good while for them to load...and I have to scroll to see them on a 21" monitor.
wow.gif

High megapixel photos are intended for PRINTING...not for internet use. By setting your camera at a high resolution, you will get lots of nice detail. But you will also get a monstrously large photo thats a large file to upload as well as being too large to see on the average monitor (and even large ones). For the internet you should use low resolution, reasonably sized files. Please bear in mind many people still have dial-up, even if you don't. It also takes away from your photo to have to scroll from side to side and up and down to see it. Your drosera photo is over 17" in physicial length and almost 4MB in file size.

I normally take high res photos...keep the original for printing purposes and then create a second, lower resolution/smaller size file for internet use (1MB or under is good). So I have the best of both worlds.
smile.gif
Also cropping your photo to focus on the important part of the image will help reduce the bulkiness of your pic as well.

Still...nice plants and photos.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Sorry about the big pics everyone, I'll tone them down next time.

hamata

Hope this is better.

GREAT PICS. the siz add to the beauty LOL definately worth the download!

Back