What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

• Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Islamic religions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

• Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

• Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Pagan

• Atheist

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

• I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
I think I have did it before too.

i tryed to do it again but i was woke up i did astro project but only for 5 minuetes and i couldnt do it again even though i did everything that i did before
smile_h_32.gif

I satrted vibrating and I went numb.
Not bad for a first try.

starman how did you astro project is there different ways.

some people take a card, lay it face down and make sure not to see what it is, then when they astral project, they pick up the card and see what it is, then they can see what if it was right when they wake up.

i heard another story of someone taking a pic. of themselves with a digital camera while out of body, then the enxt day there was an extra blank pic. on the cam.

If you are outside your body, how can you lift a card or take a photo?

Scot

I studied out of body experiences for years and have had many, and I've never once been able to have a tangible effect on a real inanimate object. I'm dubious about the possibility of actually taking a photo, but it's been explained to me that when you have an OOBE, you aren't actually interacting with the real world. The esoteric justification of this is that you're interacting with the astral plane, which draws it's substance from events and impressions of the real world. The physical plane effects things on the astral plane, but not vice versa. What you see is like an echo, with more recent and significant events and objects more strongly represented than things that happened in the past or to only a few people. The more scientific explanation is that when you're out and about on astral projection, you're actually exploring your subconcious memories of places and things. When I tried the 'read the cards' trick in the past, I stood the cards up, facing away from me as I drew them in a way that I couldn't see what they were, so I wouldn't have to pick them up to read them OOB. Physically interacting with things while disembodied requires an enormous amount of concentration and usually causes me to get lost and fall into a dream state.
Good to hear from you again Scot - where've you been?
~Joe

Who cares... just another religion thread that will last forever.

Who cares... just another religion thread that will last forever.

You may be correct about the duration of this thread, since this particular one started back in 2004...

xvart.

Aww this thread had arisen from the archives(ashes) perhaps there is a supreme tread(being).
I am strating my own religion First Congregation of Pertpetual Heathens that would be FCOPH The F is silent it is pronounced cough.

Aww this thread had arisen from the archives(ashes) perhaps there is a supreme tread(being).
I am strating my own religion First Congregation of Pertpetual Heathens that would be FCOPH The F is silent it is pronounced cough.

What?

Holy cow and holy cao!

She's kidding FTG :)

Anyone follow discordianism? That's the coolest religion.

I like your phrasing of 'religious preferences' on the topic title!

I prefer Christianity, but if it's not available I don't mind a bit of Buddhism :-))

oh man!
when I replied about the astral projecting, I had no idea I was ressurecting a three year old thread! I thought I was replying to a current discussion!
wow..how did I even find this thread then in the first place then??
thats odd..
im sure I didnt dig back through old pages to find it..

ah..I see now..its at the very top of the list on the general discussions page!
thats why I thought it was a current discussion.
why not allow polls to fall down the list like regular threads??
that would probably be a good idea..

Scot

I think it was resurrected because someone was searching through and found the survey and voted on it because when I saw it at the top of the list the first last reply was tree terror's back in 2004 (I think). My guess would be that voting on a survey bumps it up with or without a response.

xvart.

Since the TF membership has probably changed some over the last three years and personal beliefs may also have changed I don't see any good reason to keep this poll open as all data contained within will be skewed and altered over the course of three+ years. The poll, however, does paint a nice snapshot of the membership body in 2004.

Poll closed.

xvart.

I'm an ordained minister, I've been trying to determine what I am for years and can't.
I believe that The Creator (of the physical realm) is also the Lord of Lies.
I believe we are put here to be punished for our transgressions.
I believe that religions pointing to The Creator as being the supreme being where seeded by the mighty lier to keep us from ascending.
The strange thing for me is, I feel tormented by this yet when somebody comes to me in spiritual crisis (I always tell them they don't want to know what I feel) they seem to understand something about it that I cant grasp. I wish it could be explained to me.

Heaven or hell, as long as I know whats going on here it is all the same so prey I receive oblivion when I die.

Have a nice day,
Vater

Hmmm... that doesn't sound very happy lol.

If the Creator is also the Lord of Lies, is the Might Lier also the Creator? If so, would that mean that the Creator told us lies to keep us from ascending? If so, why would he do that?

I'm interested in your belief(s), but it seems paradoxical and I'm having trouble comprehending it. How did you arrive at these conclusions?

Hmmm... that doesn't sound very happy lol.

If the Creator is also the Lord of Lies, is the Might Lier also the Creator? If so, would that mean that the Creator told us lies to keep us from ascending?
Yes
If so, why would he do that?
To prevent us from getting out of 'Hell' (for lack of a better term)
The best lies are founded in reality, so take the truths of a higher realm and transpose them on this one.
The Enemy (also mistakenly called Lucifer) puts itself in power and keeps the fools that we where from apologizing to the correct entity.
I feel this, say primordial creator wont hear us until we understand we are being duped.

I'm interested in your belief(s), but it seems paradoxical and I'm having trouble comprehending it.
Most religions are paradoxical my feeling seem no different.
I'm sorry I come off so jumbled about it But It has been a difficult quest for me to understand.

How did you arrive at these conclusions?
Some call it meditation, other call it sleep deprivation induces hallucination.
I chalked it up as fantasy at first but every once in a wile some piece of info will come my way that points back to it.
All that and a nagging voice in the back of my head that seems to want me to (keep? stop?) suffering.

I'll add more and answer new questions latter.
I have to go wage slave.

I'm guessing there aren't posts like that on an African violet forum.

Well...OK then :) Do whatever makes you happiest is all I can say to that interesting point of view.

Back