What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency

My friend bought some nep. plants and when she put them outside in the sun they shrivled up. She gave them to me but I don't know what to do with them. I don't know how to save them. Can they still be saved. She only put them in the sun for a few hours. What do I do now??

the leaves turned brown and have shrivled up.

Well, I don't know what all you CAN do except keep them out of direct sun until they recover and keep them nice and moist and humid and see how it turns out. Good luck!

thanx. i'll do that. i don't think they are lost. i just think they lost a lot of water. it was only for 6 hrs. she said so i think there's still hope.

They should be okay then.. just make sure they have about 1/4 inch of water in their trays at all times.

ok today I'll go get water for them. I think it was the heat b/c they feel very very wet.

You may want to post this in the Nepenthes forum.. You will probably get more action there. Im far from a Nep expert, but from what I've read most Neps dont really like standing in a water tray. I would start reading as much info from the Nep forum as you can.

Good luck
Steve

yeah i wasn't thinking i was just upset when i saw them.

The best thing you can do is to find out what kind of nep it is. Then look for the growing info for that nep and give it it's ideal conditions. If you don't know what kind it is you should give it alot of humidity as soon as possible. Until you find out the species give it around 80 degree daytime temps. Try to give it as close to 100% humidity if possible.

That should work until you can get advice from one of the nep experts here.

Neps don't like to be soggy. I don't keep any of mine in standing water.

Good luck...they should be ok if the growth points aren't too damaged. Even then they might make basal shoots.

Like Ozzy said, I'd try to get IDs on the plants first so you know how to care for them.

Back