What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

squirells atack my cps!!!!!!!!!&#3

But in Tuscon, ferrets get into the plants
wink.gif

yeah. that seems to be the only way!! Someone should come up with an idea for people to just buy something to get rid of the things.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You could move here to Tucson Arizrona... No problems with those critters here. But then agian, you can't just have a bog outside either... It's too hot and not humid enough
Right its same here exept its also bitterlu cold.

Go hug one of them valuble sugaros for me. Those things pollinators are dieing off, all of their seeds are being eaten due to reduction of alternet food sorces for animals, and the tender young are trampled by cattle. They need our help to survive and are a vital part of the desert ecosystem

Actually, I've seen ultrasonic devices that emit soundwaves which 'supposedly' deter skunks, dogs, cats, racoons, etc. Never tried one so don't know if they work. Maybe they work on deer and squirrels too?

Or someone can breed a giant vft and place a nut in the centre of the trap!

biggrin.gif

They have hot seeds just for squirrels. Birds are able to eat the seeds no problem but the squirrels hate them because the seeds are hot/spicy. May give it a try. Although you may end up with Bluejays and other birds which love to pick on cps. Or you can barrow Ozzy's D.Capensis plants..
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Travis

I remember seeing a bird feeder that the feeder steps would spin when set off by the weight of a squirrel. They claim its totally squirrel proof, and have videos of one trying to use it! Hilarious!

i'll be off to find it now. Perhaps use something like that for Cp's?

LOL

That is a really great gadget, but as Travis pointed out, you will attract birds & they are almost as bad as the squirrels.
I found this recipe that I am going to give a try.
Squirrel Chaser
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons tabasco sauce
2 tablespoons chili pepper
1 tablespoon Murphy's oil soap
1 quart of water
Mix it all together & spray it on the ground around the plants.  I am going to use it directly in my vegetable garden, it's organic but may not be good right on the cp's.
We had a dog who was real good at scaring the squirrels away.  Someday we will have another  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ April 08 2004,2:34)]But in Tuscon, ferrets get into the plants
wink.gif
Spec, please note that you are joking.  Some people do think that ferrets actually run wild and destroy things and spread health threats all over the place.  This is not true.  There are the endangered Black Footed Ferrets in northern Az, but they don't hurt anything except the gopher population.  (ferrets eat them.)  
The reason Spec thought this would be funny is because I have 4 Ferrets as pets.   Rasskal, Jasmine, Dixie and Schulliegh.
Andrew

P.S. Spec, you just added about 3 more weeks to the block list of my buddy list.  
tounge.gif

AND!  it is Tucson, not Tuscon.
rock.gif

Back