What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Guitarists out there?

The term 'guitarmen' seems to be a little overaged for me...
wink.gif

I played the guitar for a year or so, then stopped, was too busy.
Maybe I'll pick it up again...relaxing eh?

Jason
(Guitarboy)
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi,

I'm playing guitar for nearly ten years now. I play accustic guitars as well as electric guitar.

Christian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 09 2004,6:59)]Tamlin, you ratted me out!! Ok, I play fingerstyle Delta Blues and blues slide guitar. I play fingerpickin' folk and bluegrass too. But the old style Delta Blues is my first music love. Can't get enough of old style blues tunes.
Bugweed! Yeah baby! We would get along just fine. Gotta love the blues, especially the Delta. I also love bluegrass.

acoustic for now.

I've been playing for about a year now. I play a little lead, blue, and just plain acoustic struming. Ya know, Mixolydian(sp), Pentatonice, scales...

My my! Maybe I should have asked if there were anyone who didn't play guitar, lol!

As to relaxing, it is that. It's a great stress reliever. I also see playing as a fusion of two vastly mental functions which usually find themselves isolated from each other: mathmatics and emotions.

I feel my music comes not from just within my own mind, but from another Source. Just as the guitar is an instrument, so am I. Music isn't on the page, and to a degree, not in the heart either, or not solely so. It seems to come from "somewhere else", through me. The purpose of training is to allow this to happen, and when true inspiration strikes, it is an awesome experience. Suddenly, all the effort and errors seem to vanish, and it is not so much me playing as it is me being played. It's almost as if I am just an observer of some wonderful and cosmic process. When the poetry comes as well at the same time, I feel it as a holy thing because I know it is greater than the sum of my parts. Inspiration is the sacrament of my religion, and I am refreshed after tasting it.

Probably a lil late to say this but I play the guiat too . I've been playing the acoustic guitar for about a year now and I got started because of my guitar teacher . I mainly play whatever music I hear on tv or what ever tablatures my teacher gives me . I am practicing on playing the electric guitar and my favorite music to play on the guitar is punk rock such as blink 182 .

Sorry I've been out of touch for the weekend. Thanks Jim, yes I currently play in the band 'phenshire' btw what do you think of the name, it's not my idea so no worries on offending me
biggrin.gif
I been playing for 15 years now( started when I was twelve) The band I play in is rock with roots in everything from country to death(riffs not the vocals) I'll get some of the stuff I've been recording up on my website. I play along to everybody from Joe Satriani to SRV when I practice which now that I'm gigging is alot more. I love robert Johnson, B.B King, John lee hooker, miles davis, metallica, living sacrifice, Disciple, petra, motley crue, brad paisley, alan jackson, pretty much any music that can be appreciated by dedicated talent. I play a 92' fender stratultra with ebony fret board thru a mesaboogie nomad, and single rectifier half stack. I also use a Gibson Les Paul tuned 1 1\2 steps down. I play alot of chevell, Black lable society,12 stones, and p.o.d. with this tuning. we should all get together some year and jam out
biggrin.gif

Guitar girl?! I thought I'll be the 1st but Copper beat me to it.
wink.gif

Acoustic. Used to play but now my guitar's collecting dust...yeah, I can see some disapproving looks from ya' guys but...anyway, I do play a song or two once in a while...when I need to spend real quiet time with my Creator.

We are an army! Imagine a jam with so many guitarists!

Actually, I was part of a 4,000 acoustic instrument jam about 5 yrs. ago at the Winterhawk Festival. It was a Sunday morning finale to 3 days of incredible musicianship, both on the stage and in the campsites (paradise for the likes of me). At the beginning of the fest we were all given the words and chords to "Sittin on Top of the World" a goodole standard I-IV-V bluegrass number. LOL, like all true arrangers, everyone tried to stick that E minor chord in there where it was just supposed to hold the G. (well I DIDN'T!) We had a conductor on stage. I was sort of incoherent, but the audacity of it was fun.

Back