What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bronx zoo

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
Thought you guys would like this pic:
momandbaby.jpg

Bummer!  It was too big, and when I resized it down, and it just ruined the quality....
sad.gif

cant see it... Whenever you do any changes to a picture, save an origional copy of it! ive messed up alot of times, but was able to go back to the origional one
smile.gif

I live very close to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo and they are supposed to be adding Nepenthes to their Lied Jungle along with tropical butterflies. I will be going to the zoo alot (I have 2 kids) this summer. If this happens I will post pics of their plants. Along with some other interesting pics maybe.

Schloaty, good shot even if the quality went down.

That's your best pic???

j/k. Great picture!

at the Oklahoma city zoo, in the gorilla exhibit, was a giant nepenthes maxima! and it was growing outside, too. they had a little bog exhibit with cps in it, it was pretty sad though...

oh, and the link doesnt work

Man, I agree with you. That pic is a major improvement from the other pics I've seen of you. Keep working on it and one day you may even look human.
You're getting closer.
biggrin.gif

Oh, you guys are funnnn-ny!
tounge.gif

Does anyone know why it's gets grainy like that when it's reduced in size? I would expect that if I were blowing it up, but I though that usually pictures wouldn't loose quality when reduced.

Here is the way I think it works in laymans terms. A JPEG image is made up of lots of tiny colored dots. There is a set amount of these dots for a given area. This means that when you compress the picture, some of the dots are sacrificed, so that the remaining dots have enough room. The result is a smaller but grainier picture. The convenient part is that by compressing the picture, you reduce the space it takes on your computer.
Peter

schloaty,
it looks like its compressed much more than it needs to be..
there are levels of jpeg compression..yours is very highly compressed.
if you want, you can email me the original, and I will see if I can make it small, but not so compressed..
send it to:
sscotsman@yahoo.com

Scot

Back