What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad day....

Hey guys,

I have some bad news to deliver to y'all.  I'm going to have to get out of the hobby.  Yes, it's true.  My time is too precious at this point in life to support CP growing.  What with schoolwork, friends, piano, and all the other committments I have, there is no way I can take care of my CPs any longer.  This hobby has been a blast all the time I've been in it.  There's nothing more rewarding than to create new life through propagation, digging into the soil and potting up new specimens.  Yet, all good things have to come to an end.  I'll probably end up selling most of my collection on the CPUK forum in the next few days.  My plants with named location data will be given away.

I will be around for the next couple of days at least though.

It's been good!

SnowyFalcon

uh huh. I have heard that before.
biggrin.gif
If it is true, you will be missed and maybe sometime down the road you will find more time for cps. Best of Luck!

Travis
smile.gif

It is difficult when life happens in such a way as to dictate which priorities must be first taken care of. We have all been there.

There were decade long lapses where I was unable to cultivate, and it is likely that this will be again since I am not able to continue to afford the pleasure of my collection.

But, as Phill Mann said regarding my return to the CP scene, "The plants get in your blood", and they do!

You are fortunate in that once your life reaches the point of stability that will allow for you to return to growing, such a return will not be too difficult. TF will be here when you are ready!

My very best wishes in your persuits, and I will be happy to see you return when you can. Thanks for being such a supportive, sharing and caring member of our community! You will be missed.

No! Say it isn't so, man!
sad.gif

We'll miss you around here, you're good people!
You'll be back, mark my words...and we'll be waiting for you.

Just like everybody else said, You''ll be missed. I understand, Sometimes Life gets in the way and important things has to take a backseat.  We'll be here when you're ready to return.
Good luck with all your non-cp activity's.

Well man, I've not been here long, but long enough to agree with schloaty that indeed you are good people. I'll have material waiting should you return.
I understand your decision as I'm practicing with my band 4 or 5 nights a week in preaperation for many upcomming gig's. I've literaly had to create a watering chart and pollination course for my wife otherwise my plants might suffer. *sigh* Sometimes life gets in the way. Please stop by and visit TF when you get a chance. If I do not get the chance to speak to you again- May you propigate the seed of life in the heart's of men(women TOO) where ever you may roam. God bless.

You will certainly be missed, I know how it is with the busy schedule especiallly now!  I've got Tennis Practice, Piano Practice, HOMEWORK, Friends, Counter Strike...(I try to play when I can...), and ACT test prep!
mad.gif

I find less and less time taking care of my plants as they seem to dwindle away, but I always find the extra ten or twenty minuestes daily to tend to my plant collection.  Man are they addicting.
tounge.gif

SF, sorry to hear that. Good luck in your life in whatever it is you choose to do. There's no official "cp hobbyist" list, so don't feel like this is permanent, or that you're really "leaving" a community. You're just rearranging your priorities to fit your situation. We all hope you'll be back and we'll be here with plants to restock your collection!

Capslock

no man! Sorry to hear that I'm gonna miss you around here, you're the kindest cp'er i've met

I will truly miss you, my friend, my brother in Christ. Can you keep in touch, via email?

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
can't believe you're leaving You've been one of the nicest people on terraforums (everyone's nice here but still...) Hope you start cps again one day

We will miss you, and it was definitely fun while it lasted! Good luck with your activities, and I know we will be seeing you soon!

Cole

sad.gif

Awww, man!!!!!!! We are really gonna miss you. I hope all goes well with you, and that you continue to grow in the faith of Jesus Christ our Lord! Keep in touch, you know where to find us.

Later,
Wes
sad.gif

Snowy you had better stay in touch. Just a quick email now and then would be fine. When you have time, come back.

I'm sorry to hear that...
sad.gif
... but I understand. You've been a wonderful, supportive and giving member to the entire CP community so you have something to be proud of.
smile.gif

I hope you come by and visit every now and then even if you aren't active in the hobby. You've lots of friends here.

As Tamlin said, it doesn't have to mean "forever"...you can take it back up any time you feel the desire and have the time.

Good luck and best wishes in your current pursuits.
biggrin.gif

Suzanne

sad.gif

We'll all miss you, man.

I hear that on the 5th day, after all your CPs are gone, you come down with the "chills", followed by a loss of appetite. Before you know it, you're curled up in the corner of the room with the watering can in your hand recanting "Must water CPs!"...
biggrin.gif

I'll be more than happy to send you seeds when you decide to come back!
smile.gif

Back