What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternative to bush and kerry!

So vote for Dean.  
smile.gif
 Or Schloaty.  
biggrin.gif
  Bush has been terrible for our environment.  
mad.gif

Hey Ozzie,
I knew you weren't really serious about "voting with bullets".  
laugh.gif

However, there are a number of Politicians that I wouldn’t mind seeing getting bit by a really big diamond back...or maybe my red dragon that I just posted a picture of.  
smile.gif
  Only problem is the snake would probably be the one poisoned and my big dragon would probably wither and die.

A lot of our countries problems could be eliminated if every Politician, Democrat and Republican, would ask himself a simple question before he makes a decision or signs a bill into law.
"Is what I am about to do, good for my country and my fellow citizens?"  
wink.gif

Ozzy is serious about voting with bullets. In fact he's in his little lab planning how to do it now.
wink.gif

As for voting: I'm not old enough to know all sides of the issue but eh I just know that Bush isn't too smart but even a 6 year old could figure that out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lavenderdawn @ May 01 2004,8:32)]So vote for Dean.  
smile.gif
 Or Schloaty.  
biggrin.gif
  Bush has been terrible for our environment.  
mad.gif
Bush isn't the only person that's being terrible w/ our environment. Just about every human being has done something bad to the environment. So don't just blame him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bush isn't the only person that's being terrible w/ our environment. Just about every human being has done something bad to the environment. So don't just blame him.
That is very true. But Bush has changed so many environmental laws just so his oil buddies can make even more money. Even with all the formally protected sites now either destroyed or on the verge of being destroyed, where's the cheaper fuel he promised?  I'm not even going to get started on the sites that are now unprotected because of the wetlands laws he's reversed. If any of you ever want to see a cp in the wild you should reconsider your vote. A cp'er voting for Bush is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders.

Hi,

Kerry doesn't flip flop on the issues; he just doesn't deliver the theatrical, in your face, dull witted, rather ignorant, language challenged, thought challenged bad B movie "Make My Day" meaningless scripted LINES Shrub does. I have news for people, reality itself flip flops -- and the recognition of that fact is called "keeping an open mind", "adjusting to changing times", "correcting past mistakes", "having new ideas", etc.... Now, I agree Schrub is great at play acting some John Wayne type character. In reality though, he said the major conflict was over in Iraq a year ago -- now that's a laugh. He said we went to war for WMD's -- now that's a laugh. He said the Iraqis would welcome us -- now that's a laugh. He said he was a compassionate conservative -- now that's a laugh. He said he would bring people together in Washington and end partisan gridlock -- now that's a laugh. For a guy who is his own man why did he need his keeper Cheney to hold his hand while testifying before the 9/11 committee this week? Schrub even said he thought God wanted him to be President. Well, this country fought a revolution in 1776 to get rid of a King who thought he was chosen by God. I sure hope people wake up soon and see that Bush and his gang are ruining this nation. Hopefully, then, it will only take an election (fair one this time) to get rid of our appointed King George.

Bobby

[b said:
Quote[/b] (biggun110 @ May 01 2004,7:22)]Hi,

Kerry doesn't flip flop on the issues; he just doesn't deliver the theatrical, in your face, dull witted, rather ignorant, language challenged, thought challenged bad B movie "Make My Day" meaningless scripted LINES Shrub does. I have news for people, reality itself flip flops -- and the recognition of that fact is called "keeping an open mind", "adjusting to changing times", "correcting past mistakes", "having new ideas", etc.... Now, I agree Schrub is great at play acting some John Wayne type character. In reality though, he said the major conflict was over in Iraq a year ago -- now that's a laugh. He said we went to war for WMD's -- now that's a laugh. He said the Iraqis would welcome us -- now that's a laugh. He said he was a compassionate conservative -- now that's a laugh. He said he would bring people together in Washington and end partisan gridlock -- now that's a laugh. For a guy who is his own man why did he need his keeper Cheney to hold his hand while testifying before the 9/11 committee this week? Schrub even said he thought God wanted him to be President. Well, this country fought a revolution in 1776 to get rid of a King who thought he was chosen by God. I sure hope people wake up soon and see that Bush and his gang are ruining this nation. Hopefully, then, it will only take an election (fair one this time) to get rid of our appointed King George.

Bobby
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Kerry doesn't flip flop on the issues;

Wow, not even worth wasting my time arguing that. If you think that Kerry doesn't flip flop to whatever side gives him the most political gain at the time, then you are living in a bubble. I would be more than happy to provide proof if you are one of the few people in the world who have not seen it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I agree Schrub is great at play acting some John Wayne type character.

You know what, its about time we had an rear kicker in office. Clinton was a darn pushover for 8 years. Groups would attack the US and he would do nothing. Countries would hold our people hostage, and yet, he would do nothing. A group bombed one of our Naval ships, and yet, he did nothing. So, YEE HAW, its about time some of these groups learn "if you mess with the bull, you get the horns"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In reality though, he said the major conflict was over in Iraq a year ago

Because 2-4% of the population are idiots, we still call it major conflict? More people are murdered in the US every day than the TOTAL number of people that die in Iraq everyday. I don't see anyone calling the US a major conflict zone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He said the Iraqis would welcome us

Re-read the above. Perhaps you should use more than CNN to comprise your opinions. The Iraqis in general are exstatic we are there. Its just the few extremists you actually see on the news.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hopefully, then, it will only take an election (fair one this time) to get rid of our appointed King George.

You have got to be kidding me. The election process has not changed in over a 100 years. Electoral votes have ALWAYS decided the election. If you don't like it, than try to change it, but that is the way it is. Bush was legally elected, the same as any president before him.

And as a little afterthought, Bush will see another 4 years, and this time it will be the fault of Kerry. He is self destructing himself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 02 2004,4:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bush isn't the only person that's being terrible w/ our environment. Just about every human being has done something bad to the environment. So don't just blame him.
That is very true. But Bush has changed so many environmental laws just so his oil buddies can make even more money. Even with all the formally protected sites now either destroyed or on the verge of being destroyed, where's the cheaper fuel he promised?  I'm not even going to get started on the sites that are now unprotected because of the wetlands laws he's reversed. If any of you ever want to see a cp in the wild you should reconsider your vote. A cp'er voting for Bush is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders.
Amen to that... I also have my own reasons that I wouldn't vote for Bush...
He doesnt care about giving government workers more money, either (except himself and his buddies)
mad.gif

Okay, you guys think a six year old could find out bush isn't very smart, but think Kerry doesn't flip-flop
rock.gif
Same think I said earlier Kerry is a walking Controdiction (notice the CAPITOL C) Buy the way Today I was checking out the books a barnes and noble, and found guess what in the FICTION isle? "Plan of attack"
If you don't like Kerry's opinion on something, don't worry soon he'll change it. I wouldn't be suprised if Kerry Soon became a republican
laugh.gif

I think that bush is a liar and doesn't deserve another four years in office!  I mainly hate him because of the war and what he has done to our economy.  In this day and age people from the US shouldn't be killed in a useless war that isn't going to change anythig at all.  I bet you guys all my plants that when the US withdraws from Iraq it's going to be a wreck and Alquida (Don't know how to spell that word) is going to make Iraq a place of #### and nothing is going to change from when the war began in the first place.  Bush is a liar, he said that the main purpose of this war was to find hazordous materials that was a threat to the US.... Bullcrap!  They found absolutely nothing and never will in a million years.  The only thing they've found so far is some pesticides,  ohhhh my god!  We're all going to die now!  Wow, they've captured the elousive Sadam!  Iraq is all better now, there's peace and quiet and Iraq now has been saved thanks to Bush..... Yeah, that's true if you consider that hundreds of innocent kids, moms, and civilians died in Iraq so far.  I also think that Bush is spending our Countries natural resources too fast.  What will happen if we do happen to run out of all our oil and wood?  A successful country is because they have the Natural rescourses to keep the economy going, why else do you think that our countries so sucessful?  Would we be so well off if our country was in the middle of Africa or something?  NO way, Bush should realize that and STOP mining our oil and natural resources so fast.  
Speaking of contridicting themselves, Bush is one of them!  In times when our economy's not so good, reliable old Bush decides to SPEND billions on the Space program out of nowhere and says that it's benificial because it's for "Military" purposes to explore Mars and stuff!  Yeah... I'm sure that knowing information about Mars will scare other countries away from us...  Instead of spending the Billions of Dollars on the space program how about using that money to remake jobs and stuff where it really matters.  
Who ever says Bill Clinton is a bad president is wrong.  How do explain 8 years of the best economy records we've ever seen?  It's not luck, it's because Clinton actually has the brains to run a country and knows how to keep it running smothly.  Clinton know what's good for the country, and doesn't just start a war when a econmy is at it's worst, I'm sure that he'll wait until the US is getting better or have the war on a lesser extent and not involve the killing of US people and use more air tactics and bomb what is needed to get the war ended fast.  Then wait and sees what happens, then if Iraq shows signs of threatning the US you start moving in and take serious action.  And he has fought back in the past but just not on a such serious level.
If Kerry's president I'm sure he will raise tax's like all the commercials say.  That's definnitly a good thing, since the countries in great need to get money, instead of Bush who doesn't have a budget and continues to spend money like it grows from trees...  And once Kerry raises taxs and get the US out of Major Debt he'll concentrate on getting the Economy back on it's feet and create more jobs.
He's deffinetly against the war and will stop the killing of Human lives.

Well that's my oppinion on this subject, and anyone who's against it feel free to express your feelings.

That would be me. My father is in the U.S. Intellegence, If you tell a drug dealer in advance, "we're gonna come into your house, and check for marijuana" Do you thinki you're gonna find anything, and as for Saddam, would you rather have him sticking innocent children, and women through cutters or dipped in acid, or accidentally shot in the head, buy the way Saddams the whole reason Women, and children are dying. In world war II Over 10,000 soldiers died in the first day! We've been in there a year and lost what 700 Soldiers?

Kirk, if the family down the road from you has a domestic problem, say the husband beats the wife, do you feel you have the right to barge into their house and change her husband for her because you think what he's doing is wrong?
Yes, what he's doing is wrong but there are ways to go about things and IMHO the US did it the wrong way.
Now Bush is backtracking and trying to get the UN involved because he's discovering he can't handle what he started.

Secondly, there are PLENTY of other countries that have equally cruel dictators in charge, take a look at almost any small African nation. Why choose Iraq?
If you think it's about anything other than money in one form or another then you're kidding yourself.

He is the most dangerous man in the world and I am extremely happy to see so many posts here, made by Americans, that agree with what I have been thinking for ages.

Cheers, Troy.

PS Only 700 soldiers dead? You certainly throw away your fellow countrymen lightly.
Would you be willing to let your own father be one of the 700 to stop these women and children that you don't know from being killed?

Ok a wife being beaten and a dicator killing thousands of people....hmmmm i see no connection. Sadam was a terrible ruler who killed thousands of people. how in the world can you go about any other way then capturing the dicator. What are you going to do talk to him and ask him to step down? You can hate Bush all you want I don't care. People could argue with you and say that it takes 4-8 yrs. so see the results of a President's work and therefore Clinton wasn't good. Plus many people can argue his wife is what did everything and not him. If 9/11 didn't happen and the business tycoons weren't caught yeah there would still be jobs and everything would have been okay. You have to take into account as to what else is going on in the world. Bush is not the main reason everything bad is happening. The investors have lost faith in the stock market when 9/11 happened and it went further down when so many business tycoons were found out to be doing dirty work. Other people say that there's nothing better then a war to get out of a bad situation. If the US stopped consuming the countries resource then maybe he wouldn't have to tap into them. Of course it is about money Bush's daddy bombed Iraq, and so did Clinton. Bush was the only one to actually get the job done. Bush always wanted the UN involved but they didn't want to be involved.

Yep, Troy.

And WW II was fought in a much different way than modern wars are fought.  War is h3ll & barbaric & someday I hope humanity will be mature enough to not need it.  
sad.gif

i hope humanity will be more mature too, but sadly humans have always been the kind to fight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Of course it is about money Bush's daddy bombed Iraq, and so did Clinton. Bush was the only one to actually get the job done.

Ahhh....HELLO?
rock.gif

The job isn't done.

okay if you want to be technical he has been the only one to capture sadam and take over Iraq. Im glad Sadam is gone.

Thta's just it, technically we haven't taken over Iraq. We're struggling just to maintain order.

Now, I'm getting this thread back on topic before it degenerates into a "Bush was wrong for sending us into Iraq!" "No, He wasn't!" crapstorm.

Back