What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nomination

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, so I don't want to try and start a big controversy, but if we're allowed I'd like to nominate Wolfpackgurl for a moderator

lol!! i third it!! lmao i'm so goofy
biggrin.gif

I think you're deserving
P.S. I don't really want to start a big problem over this, so please nobody get mad if it's against the rules

nope i don't know who can make me a mod though. i would like to be one but i don't think they will let me. lol. i never had anyone nominate me though. I feel special!!

Hi folks

Kirk...that's very nice of you to suggest WPG for a mod position.  However, mods are selected by Phil (his Royal Cuteness and Owner of Exotic Gardens et al) on an "as needed" basis.  And right now, there are plenty to handle things.

Being a moderator really doesn't mean anything...it doesn't mean you know more than anybody else or you get special perks or anything.  And often you get yelled at for doing your job.  There's really not much moderators can do that any  member can't do own their own.  Anyone here can be helpful to the membership.

All we do is try to help, delete offensive posts, move a topic when needed and try to keep the peace.  That's about it.  Nothing spectacular really.

We don't wear gold crowns, have light sabres or bat mobiles or anything exciting like that.  
smile.gif

it would be exciting if we could battle w/ saber lights and say Luke I am your father.

I'm an admin of forum with a couple hundred users. I made some problem makers moderators because I see it more as a punishment than a reward.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We don't wear gold crowns, have light sabres or bat mobiles or anything exciting like that.
Well, maybe YOU don't.... ** casually swinging the mallet **

Seriously, though, Kirk, that's really nice of you!
WPG, PAK is right. Being a mod really doesn't make you anything special...Now Administrator....THERE'S a title!
laugh.gif

Yup, I am the same old me stripped now of my moderator powers and reduced to mere mortality.

i am soo good w/ software i wish i could be an admin. but i doubt that will ever happen. lol so im just gonna make my stepdad's website for his business.

I think Tamlin wanted to take a break from being a mod

I needed to be able to tell some of the Tamlin Hate Club members entrenched on the CP Listserve my personal opinion of them without having any association made to my duties here at TF, partially. I don't need a Hate Club and more than I need a Fan Club. If I needed a fan club I'd go start a Yahoo Group or something.

Just for the record, when I was asked to moderate, I refused Phill's request, but like all true Kings he did it anyways. I was very proud to have served in this position but really I am nobody special, so the title was getting in the way of what I try to do. It got to the point where I was being seen as some sort of leader at PFT which was NOT the case. One particular ex-forum member went to great lengths to defame both myself and this Forum, and associated his banishment from this forum to some sort of personal agenda on my part relative to my intense dislike of his person, and made frequent public outcries attesting to this on other CP forums. Such was not the case, and with the formation of the national Sarracenia collection effort here I thought it in the best interests to all if I stood down so as not to discourage Listserve members who bought that propaganda BS he and his cronies served up.

I just continue to do what I have always done: share and teach. I do miss the title: as I said I was very proud to serve, and to have been chosen, but I feel this is the best route to go. Phillip has told my anytime I want back in to the Mod Forum all I need do is ask. I will wait a bit I think, but will continue to do what I can for the community.

Sometimes a person needs to stand back to get a perspective. I just want to be one of the guys, nobody special, and carrying the title of Mod implies otherwise, even if it is not really the case (and it isn't). Like Captain Drosera said "We're all special". This is the best community I have ever known, in or out of cyberspace, and I will do everything I can to keep it so.

So you asked, now you know :)

You are definitely somebody special, mod or no mod.
smile.gif
You are of noble blood and humble beginnings...and something in you just SHINES.

Teaching and sharing you are darn good at! (Yes I know that's poor grammar).
smile.gif

I miss seeing your name in blue though....

Back