What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creativity

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
One semester in college was particularly gruelly toward finals time. In addition to just plain studying, I had a paper to write for a Technology & Environment course. I had no time to do it. Fortunately, the prof had a policy of droping the lowest grade and even more fortunately I had a paper on Hot Springs & Geysers for another geology course I was taking, that was remotely related. I just submitted THAT paper and studied. Of course the paper didn't impress the prof. He commented that it was an excellent geology paper but a lousy Technology & Environment paper. Gee, what a surprise! I accomplished my purpose and bought me the time to study for finals. Not terribly ethical, but at least it was my own paper.

DSC00001.JPG

Here is what I made last summer to kill the 4 Yellow Jacket nests I had around my house.  I just sprayed 2 bottles of Raid in the 2 liter, then just poured it down the nest.
biggrin.gif
Not sure if it deals with Engineering but it is creative.
cool.gif

Is diet raid better for you?
tounge.gif

neato, I wouldn't get that close though!
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ May 04 2004,9:00)]Is diet raid better for you?  
tounge.gif

neato, I wouldn't get that close though!
Andrew
I think the Yellow Jackets find it refreshingly smooth...  
biggrin.gif

Scott
That is pretty phat! I love it!

I was having a bit of a problem with squirrels eating my homegrown corn, so I fashioned some plastic liter bottles to the contours of the corn and coated it with cooking oil. Not sure if it was successful or not, but I got a jumpstart on popcorn.

Back