What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New here

good lord, I've just registered for yet another message board
laugh.gif
maybe some of you know me from another board. I'm a member of dozens already lol. anyway I've always been interested in Carnivorous plants, and I've even kept a few, but they all died because I followed the stupid instructions I found on the card that came with them, but I'm gonna give it another go, only this time I'm gonna use the advice of people on this board

Hello and welcome to the boards. What are you going to grow. I am personally a Neps. fan.

Joe

thanks, most likely vfts, and some kinds of pitcher plants, I'm gonna pick up some vfts tomorrow on my way out from work, I work at Meijer and I noticed em the other day, which is what led me here because I wanted to buy some more but wanted to get some proper info first. they looked pretty healthy, but I'll probably order some from this site in a few weeks too

Welcome, Tsmola, you've come to the right place!  
biggrin.gif

(Is that a reindeer in your avatar?  
rock.gif
 )

thanks, no that's a whitetailed deer, I have a camera that takes pictures of deer when they walk by and this was a pic I got last summer, I'm a hunter,(hope theres no one here that hates hunting lol) and I hunted that buck all season this past year but I never saw him. Matter of fact I think the only time he was seen was when my uncle was bowhunting, but he never got a chance at him either

Welcome to the forums. I think that you will quickly find you can't stay away, and will make many friends. Have fun!

P.S. If you are into hunting, I suggest talking to Copper, I believe she also hunts.

Cole

im also a hunter. my interest stray twords Nepenthes, Sundews(Drosera) and Bladderworts(Utrics). what part of the states are yah from?

Rattler

cool, I'm from Michigan, got 2 ten point whitetails on my wall matter of fact

if you are familar with scoring systems they scored 133 5/8 and 140 4/8
smile.gif

thanks again for the welcome all
smile.gif

Sweet, you are from Michigan! I am a big hunter. I love going hunting for small game, turkey, ducks, well basically everything. I am an hour north of Grand Rapids area. Glad to have you on board!
smile.gif

small world after all! I'm down in Van Buren County in Decatur, not too far away at all lol

Cool! Maybe this time you'll be succesfull, I tried about 7 times before this site, and they all died. But so far All my VFT's Have been doing good (In the bog garden/wierd lookin' greenhouse)

thanks, I really do wish I could have had a site like this to help with my first vft. My first vft was a really pretty one, it had tons of traps and they were all a beautiful deep red color, but I didn't know what I was doing and it died, this was probably partially due to the fact I used tap water, wish I would have known about the distilled water then
sad.gif

Welcome aboard Tsmola!  
smile.gif
 Glad to have you here.

As for the comment "...most likely vfts, and some kinds of pitcher plants..." I say...HA!  Yeah, yeah, yeah...we all say that in the beginning.  And before long...a flytrap just isn't enough...  You get a craving...you want to try a little sundew...then a nep...then a pitcher plant...then a ping...then utrics...   And before you know it...you've got 2,000 plants.  
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Don't worry...we're here for you.  Anytime the addiction gets really really bad, we're alway here to encourage it!  
laugh.gif

I don't like hunting.  
sad.gif

TWO Travis's in Michigan.  I don't know if I can take that! One is pretty hard to handle.
wink.gif

Have fun Tsmola

smile.gif
i just wanted to stop by and say hi.

hi.

well, I went to work, and on my way in went and looked to see if they still had some vfts well apparently we got more in because there was a whole bunch of very healthy looking ones, and not only that but we also had butterworts, pitcher plants and Nepenthes! at first I saw just some small Nepenthes in pots with little plastic parts over em like the vfts, but then I saw some much larger ones, with pitches about 3 inches long. On my way out of work I took home one of the large Nepenthes and the best vft of the bunch, this vft even has some nice red color in it, I'll post some pics in the morning

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tsmola @ May 05 2004,11:04)]well, I went to work, and on my way in went and looked to see if they still had some vfts well apparently we got more in because there was a whole bunch of very healthy looking ones, and not only that but we also had butterworts, pitcher plants and Nepenthes! at first I saw just some small Nepenthes in pots with little plastic parts over em like the vfts, but then I saw some much larger ones, with pitches about 3 inches long. On my way out of work I took home one of the large Nepenthes and the best vft of the bunch, this vft even has some nice red color in it, I'll post some pics in the morning
Say what? Where?
rock.gif

Meijer in Kalamazoo on west main  
smile.gif
I even got a 10% employee discount on em
biggrin.gif

Man, Grand Rapids Meijers stinks! Huh, special trip maybe...
rock.gif
Doubt it with these insane gas prices...I can just order here at pft. Although I will keep that in mind when I do head that way. Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]TWO Travis's in Michigan.  I don't know if I can take that!  One is pretty hard to handle.

*shakes head* O' THE HUMANITY!!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Welcome. Hi ya i got to go now. late for class. Just wanted to get on to welcom the newbie

thanks, I posted photos of my new cp in the vft forum
biggrin.gif
and Travis I hear ya on them gas prices, I put in $20 the other day and it only filled it up to about half, really sucks cause I use up a ton of gas driving to work which is about half an hour away
sad.gif

Back