What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God

God is real!
biggrin.gif

Nobody would listen to me though
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pasoftim @ May 06 2004,8:07)]Hi all

Just a quick question,  Is God Real?  With so many bad things going on who do you trust in or who do you rely on?  I know we have family and friends, but I am talking about when you alone  or sitting by your self  and nothing seems to comfort.  just a thought

Jim
That's gotta be a big thought...
(No time now to ponder life's great 'imponderables' such as that...have to care for cps...)

Tamlin, do you do cosmology, or what?
biggrin.gif
Seems to me like you know more 'universal' stuff (and all other stuff) than anyone I've ever come across!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

FTG, it is true that the separation of all the denominations is silly. I don't belong to any particular chuch or denomination. However, I do attend a bible study and a church for the discipleship. Discipleship, not teaching, was the main focus of the early church. It keeps us accountable to each other, and we can learn and grow from each other. There was a reason for the way the great commission starts out: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations..."

Tamlin,
Since God defines good and evil, I assume he knows what good is even when there is no evil.

As for the old rock paradox, I'm not going to bother explaining that. But you can see this webpage

Jesus once said "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly..." . This is what I have experienced once I started living for God. In a worldy life, there is a limit to the joy or peace you can enjoy. Not in my life.
smile.gif

Peter

Interesting link Peter, thanks
smile.gif

I am pleased to see that (at least by the standards of that page) I could be considered an intelligent atheist as I think that you would have to be stupid to think that any of those arguments provide proof of the non-existence of a god.

Cheers, Troy.

Back