What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean cooks site

I know the man to be honest and concerned, with a real desire to make any ammends that might ever be needed. Spring is a very busy time so I would not be surprised if things fell through the cracks or were delayed. I have always been pleased with my plants and service.

On the dispute of the bill - Dean's site is not using online transaction processing so your credit card was not charged at the time you ordered. Dean (actually Kim, his wife) will not charge the credit card until they start processing your order. It would be best to give him a call - I recently talked to him and they are extremely busy - so double check to be sure your order was received.

Cheers

YAY!!!
my dad just called em and they said it was shipped on monday
biggrin.gif

it should come tommorow or thursday
i like his wide selection of plants at reasonable prices, but its kinda slow to ship
o well, now that i know how long it usually takes, ill prob order from him from now on alonf with PFT

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HellzDungeon @ May 11 2004,9:52)]YAY!!!
my dad just called em and they said it was shipped on monday
biggrin.gif

it should come tommorow or thursday
i like his wide selection of plants at reasonable prices, but its kinda slow to ship
o well, now that i know how long it usually takes, ill prob order from him from now on alonf with PFT
biggrin.gif
glad to hear that! Now for droseradudes order...
wink.gif

#### I'm going to be really
mad.gif
 if it isn't shipped, because if not then it will need to be delayed to come after I get back from bacps and california carnivores...
It probably was shipped, since hellzdungeon's was
smile.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
:\
mad.gif
he said he would ship it monday, but he didn't
wow.gif

WOOT!!!
i got em today
biggrin.gif

ill post a pic, my window sill is jam pact full of Carnicorous plants now
biggrin.gif

i would tread cautiously if i were an insect in my kitchen...
laugh.gif

Only had one problem with Dean and he fixed it,my order was lost and all I had to do was email want I wanted.Shipping from Dean has only took 2-4 days.Will buy from Dean again!!

Jerry

ah like I said, dean did a GREAT job shipping the first time i ordered. he shipped the order the day right after I ordered. The next two times weren't as fortunate.

I placed a order with Dean on the 18th and they came within 4-5 days!

Jerry

I've ordered from Dean more times than i can remember, and the plants are always suitable. Not necessarily the biggest, but always in good condition, and usually the cheapest. Twice he's notified me that something i've ordered that he has is not in good enough condition to send, and has me pick an alternative. I think that says good things about the way he does business.

He keeps busy and apparently only checks his email once or twice a week (Mondays?). I have an order in now that is taking a bit longer than normal, so i can only assume he's swamped with orders (after all, it's spring).

OMG
smile_k_ani_32.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
my order hasn't come yet in case some of you actually remember that I placed an order some time in mid april.

if your order hasn't come yet, you need to call him. don't post it here, don't email him. CALL HIM. these aren't dean's forums, and he isn't on here a lot, so i wouldn't PM him either. when you are having a problem with a company, a phone call is the only way to figure out what's going on with your order.

technoracer

dude I did call him. he ain't at the phone though, and I did call him several times during the course of this thing also.

in the "several" times that you have called him, you have never spoken with him on the phone?

as a cp grower, not as a mod here, all i can say is, every time i hve ordered from petflytrap/exotic gardens/phil, my plants always arrive in a timely manner, and in good health. the 1 and only time a tried to order from another vendor (i won't publicaly name names), there was a problem, and the vendor didn't even bother to try and contact me to let me know there was a problem. after waiting several weeks, wondering where my plant was, i called them, and only then was i informed there was a problem. after that, i haven't even thought about ordering from that company again. as someone that works very hard for too little money, i demand a bit more service than some of these shops want to give. i'd be willing to bet that if you owed them money, that they would be all over you.

my advice is to find a different shop to order from.

peace,
tech...

moderator mode back on...

If you cannot get him on the phone, go to his website and click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

His phone number is listed as well as a Voice Mail phone number. Try calling both of these. There is also a Contact Form that lets you put in your name, email address, and a message. I have always had good responce time with the Contact Form.

I am sorry your are having problems.

If I don't get my order in the next 2 weeks (which will be around 2 months since I placed my order) then I'm ordering from someone else.

I'll try to contact him again using the thing on his website, thanks Nick.
Tech, I might order from meadowview or somethin since they have a lot of the plants I ordered from dean.
-droseradude

Has anyone one ever gotten a free orephila, from him? since u cant sell it over state borders, has anyoneone ever asked him for one? also, has anyone ever gotten free stuff from him?
i just wanted to know,
PFT is generous enuf to do it,
Hellz

Nick, as you know, I'm on aIM almost 24/7
smile_m_32.gif
Usually I'm away, but when someone signs on i check it. And Dean Cook hasn't been online for about 6 weeks now
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Matt, has the bill been charged to your credit card? If he doesn't send the plants soon, I think there are ways to get your money back via the credit card company. If you can't, and he doesn't ship it, isn't that a form of fraud?
confused.gif

Copper?
smile_l_32.gif
Could use your help!
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Back