What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was your best teacher?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Mine was when I was in high school and in New york they were trying something innovative. Instead of straight English and straight Social Studies, they combined the two and called it Humanities. Don't know how long that approach lasted, but we had one great teacher named Mr. Thureau. He was a rare combination of knowledgeable, able to communicate well, had command of the class, and was still buddy buddy with us teens.

Best teacher? You mean there are actually teachers that AREN'T MEAN?!
wow.gif

Well I'll just go ahead and assume this could mean "Who IS your best teacher". ^_^ Well, I think my current history teacher is the best yet. He actually DOES make history interesting, which is... fabulously unusual. What with the fact that he's a hottie too makes history my favorite subject
cool.gif

My best teacher was a man named Charles Carpenter.

I really don't remember the names of any of the other teachers I had,
so you can see he made an impression on me.

He was my 6th grade teacher.

I used to get very bored in school and cause some trouble.

They would assign a chapter to read in a book, and I would read the whole book,
and then get bored when things didn't move along fast enough for me.

Mr. Carpenter saw something in me that other teachers didn't see,
and he came up with a plan to keep me occupied so I wouldn't cause trouble.

My assignment in the 6th grade was to read the full encyclopedia set that we had in the classroom,
and each week he would give me a test on what I had read.

I'll tell you, I learned a lot that year and was able to get through an entire school year without getting in trouble.

Not to mention, I play a mean game of Trivial Pursuit. LOL

Cactusdoug

That would be my mom, but since I'm homeschooled, that doesn't say much...
tounge.gif

Peter

I had a science teacher in 9th grade that let me sleep through class then when class was over each day I just cleaned up and received an "A" for that class that year. My only "A"

Joe

I had a biology teacher in high school that was very interesting. Oddly enough, I found out after high school that he takes a couple trips a year to a local CP bog:) I also had some really good teachers for various psychology classes in college.

Probably Mrs. Wade, except for the fact that she's a big democrat, she was pretty cool

Robert Gibson, world expert in Drosera because he taught me what I most wanted to learn.

Robert A. Heinlein, science fiction author who taught me about life and love.  You grok?

Jerry Garcia, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan who taught me music.

Oh, and that Judge in North Carolina who taught me the importance of being discreet.

cool.gif

What's wrong with being a democrat?
rock.gif

Back