What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buttered bread and falling cats

If a cat always lands on its feet, and buttered bread always lands butter side down, what would happen if you tied buttered bread on top of a cat?

I tried it!  It was amazing! The cat's fall stopped just about a foot above the ground and it began to flip top over bottom and over again.  He began to spin at an incredible speed.  It made me sick to watch so I stopped..watching that is.  I suppose he is spinning there still.
tounge.gif

Hook him up to a dynamo and you could run your lights for free!

What if you just buttered the cat's back?

Hmmm. I try it. Here kitty kitty.

A new energy source discovered!  Non-polluting, renewable - only takes one slice of bread, a pat of butter, some string & one cat.  All items easily produced...    
tounge.gif

IT DID NOT WORK!  The cat landed on its feet and licked off the butter!  The bread appears to be a very important ingredient in the new power source.  

I have checked the condition of the spinning cat.  We have one draw back to the new power source.  You must be ready to clean up copious amount of strewn vomitus.  Hmmm, may have to try a muzzle.

It is so good to be back
wink.gif

Copper,

I can tell that you, like I, enjoy the art of cat torture.  Bully for you!  Cats have it far too good.

You do realize the lights on vacum cleaners were devised solely to torture cats: that single hideous glowing eye!!!....after all, they sure don't make it any easier to vacum, so cat torture has to be the answer!

I'm curious: as the cat spins, does centrifugal force throw it's legs out flat or do they stay under it's body?  'Cause if they're out flat, and you attach colored LEDs to them and bleed a little of the power...That'd be a really nifty light show.

Merlin,

That's barbaric!  I'll work out the circut diagram and get right back to you. Purrfect!

A good use for cats: fur coats and hats. Hat can be a problem if the cat is still alive.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I was once trying to carry 2 Siamese kittens at one time.  That was a mistake.  They ended up on my head (cat hat) & I got scratches all over my face, even inside my eyelid!  
mad.gif

I like the image of the cat light show.  
biggrin.gif

Ever see a cat on a string? Now that's hilarious!
laugh.gif

Do you tie it about his neck or his tail?

Now before anyone objects to my callousness regarding cats, let me say that I am actually a cat owner, and a feline fan. I love cats, and have several good recipes.

My cat is currently in exile since he did some unmentionable deeds the delicate perfume of which still lingers like a field of S. flava flowers.

Ever see someone try to walk a cat on a leash who really doesn't want to be on that leash?   
laugh.gif

But string on the tail... now, that's funny  
biggrin.gif

Tell us about how to do the tape on the forehead thing, too ...

The cats legs are out! This is fantastic. I am going to move the cat to my pond/bog combo and see if can power all the EQ. With the LEDs it should make an wonderful center piece.

I to love cats. I do not have any at this time (besides the spinning one), but what personalities.

PS. I taught the cats that I did have to play fetch. They are very good at it.

The tape on the head trick is a real hoot. Actually, I use one of those adhesive type bows. Simply stick it on your cats head, and if he is like mine he will go into reverse. The cat backs up until it reaches a wall, and then proceeds along the wall in reverse. Hours of fun for you and the kids.

It still might be a problem stepping down the power enough to run the LEDs.  Might be better to use auxiliary battery power - come to think about it, I know a great place to stuff a couple of AAs...

Edit: Under the bread.  What did you think I meant?

Try put sticky tape on your cat paws.
Have to say I had my cat trained walk on the lead, a big dog lead. I uses to walk with my sister 3 dogs and 2 cats at the same time, very funny to watch.

I think the cat would turn around, lick the butter off his back, land on his feet and then throw up a hairball from all the grease and spinning.

I had a Siamese who fetched...its a trait of most Siamese. However my other two cats fetched as well. But the Siamese was a maniac for it. I'd wake up and find plastic forks, straws, twist ties and sponge rollers in my bed that she found and brought to me while I was asleep. She stopped fetching when she lost her hearing at 7 yrs old. Lived to be 17 though. She was a tiny little lilac point. I still miss her.

Back