What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to buy plants

hello all
i am new to this and want to buy plants v.f.t and so on
can anyone help a newbe trying to get started out
thanks eddy

Buy from this Website. They are the best and healthiest plants I've seen and are all great for beginners too!

This is not the forum to purchase plants

eddy,
You need to worry about three things, light, water, and soil. If you buy a potted plant, you don't need to worry about soil right away. So, make sure you have adequate lighting to grow them indoors, or proper sunlight (generally lots) for outdoor growing. The next thing is water. Tap water usually doesn't work. You need to use either distilled water, rain water, or water filtered through a reverse osmosis filter. From there, it's pretty easy.

Browse the forums here for more information than you could possibly need.
biggrin.gif
Oh, and they really do have great VFTs on this site!

PFT venus fly traps

Capslock

thank you all for your input
i have a lot to learn... please keep it coming
i ordered soil and i need to know more about
lighting ill be growing inside i also know not to use tap water
i guess what i have to make up my mind on what to grow
other then v.f.t any ideas
thanks again
eddy

moving to the general discussion area since it doesn't really belong in the trade section.
T

Nooo...I posted this in the wrong board! Darnit, stupid me...someone help delete this please...
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Jason, I deleted your post for you.
-Schloaty

Hello Eddy

Welcome to the forums.
smile.gif
Exotic gardens has the perfect selection of plants for those just getting their feet wet in CPs.

Most people start with a VFT but you can start with anything really. There is a forum dedicated to each type of plant so you can get expert advice for anything you might want to try.

If you are growing a VFT indoors, you'll need a very bright/sunny window or good artificial light (fluorescents). The don't have a high humidity requirement so you don't HAVE to have terrariums and such. And yes, pure water is a must.

It helps to know where someone lives to know the growing environment though.

Welcome aboard.
smile.gif

Suzanne/PAK

Full sun is good.
Never let the soil dry out. EVER.
Use Distilled water or Rainwater. Tap water usually contains too many dissolved minerals, which wil accumulate in the soil and kill you plants.
Most CPs need a certain degree of humidity. If you grow them outside, they'll get all the light and humidity they need. Indoors, you may have to mist them (Esp: Drosera and Pinguicula).
NO HAMBURGER OR OTHER PEOPLE FOOD! Don't feed your plants people food. Put them outside and they'll take care of themselves.
VFT traps can only open and close 3-4 times before they stop working for good. Tease sparingly.

It would help us out if you could tell us what region you live in, so we can give you further advice about outdoor growing, or if you plan to gorw plants inside. Good luck! I've been CPing for about a year and it's really fun. Plus you get to meet a buttload of cool people!

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! I hope you enjoy it here.

As for other plants you would probably have luck with Sarracenia and the Nepenthes they stock here are rather easy.:)

hi
you all are really nice
thank you i am looking foward to reading
and finding answers
any free plants at my door step would be great <-- joking

actually, you'd be quite surprised at the generosity of some of our members. I'm sure you could convince someone to part with some pygmy sundew gemmae or some D. Capensis, which grow like weeds. For some good deals (maybe), check the Auction going on for the national sarracenia conservency (last forum under general discussions). Many good plants and more for sale, and you help a good cause!
biggrin.gif

hi, i'm new here too...i want to buy some plants, but i have a problem (i think its a problem...) i live in brasil, where can i find brasilian sites (abous carnivorous plants)?? or sites that deliver plants here?? do ICPS has any thing here??
send me answers to thiago@cmbm.com.br or thrbm@hotmail.com please
sorry about my english...:(

how easy is it to get cutings to grow how do you do in
any thing special for a certain plant

Back