What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now on my webcam!

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello, I currently have my webcam on and you can view my 4 ferrets Rasskal, Schulliegh, Dixie and Jasimine playing in their play area. :)
Enjoy!
my webcam
Andrew

Ferrets must have been all played out & taking a nap when I went there...  
sad.gif

biggrin.gif
that was great adnedarn! so many ferrets rolling around
biggrin.gif

Yah, they are up a little and down a little right now... They usally don't play long. They are going back in for food, water and a nap now. Maybe later if you guys would like??
Andrew

Well, now you've got my curiosity peaked!  How come Spec saw them & his post was 2 minutes after mine?  
rock.gif
 Or is it one of those mysterious time warp things?  
rock.gif

I want to see ferrets!      
(maybe...)      
tounge.gif

He was on and viewed the ferrets for about half hour before he posted... And he posted after the ferrets were very calm. :) I know of no "Time Warps"
tounge.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know of no "Time Warps"
Go read astrophysics...hey how come they say you're offline? Noooo...I wan to see the ferrets! Are they yours?

Hey maybe people with webcams can have a mass 'Live' chat session...can so many people connect with each other at one time? Wait till I get mine up and working...Don't do it yet!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

oh oops, it says 'my ferrets' sorry didn't read it...

Where you buy ferrets? I've heard they sooooo cute and cuddly...just the type I like!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

You can get ferrets from pet stores and shelters... (unless you live where they are illegal...) They are very cute. Not cuddly... They would much rather: Run, jump, explore, get into trouble etc etc than sit with you! It also isn't a impulse pet. They requre a LOT of attn. and their care is pretty expensive. They are prone to many medical problems. In no way is my showing of my ferrets to get people they are cute and to go buy them. If you want info, contact me... I can tell you all about the time they take. The money they cost. And the trouble they cause. But in the end, they are our "kids" and I wouldn't trade them for anything! I'll have them out again tommorow (5-23) at some point... untill then, here is a picture to keep you at ease.
tounge.gif

all%204%20on%20bed.jpg

Andrew

Oooohhh, they're so CUTE!
biggrin.gif
Looks like a breed between rabbit + beaver + dog! I have ALL the time in the world (considering I have a fussy and attention loving puppy, the money could be a problem though...before I even know I've got some money I find that its gone into a particular hobby of mine...
wink.gif

Adorable 'children' you have there, Andrew...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Hehe the middle one's staring at the cam...I see 'curious' is right...
wink.gif

My view shows both water & food dishes with the hammock & a bit of what could be some kind of bed below it.  I finally got to see some activity!  The ferrets are often just a blur.  I can't tell them apart but I'm sure their 'Daddy' can.  I got to see them racing up to get food & water then racing (from my vantage point) back down to the 'bed.'
Pretty neat, Andrew, thanks!  
biggrin.gif

I'm willing to accept as a gift a better webcam from anyone willing to provide one. :) Yes, mine is cheep. I think its value is $12 or so... Came with this program I have... Anyway, sorry they are not clear.... but keep in mind, these guys don't just stroll arround! Wait till you get to see one jump up from a nap to a flat platform just to scratch... Then jump back into bed.
tounge.gif

Yes, there is another bed there below, what you are seeing is the top 2 levels of a 4 tier cage... it stands about 5 ft tall....
Andrew

what time is the cam usually on? Oh, I must see!

Thanks,
Craig

There are no "usual times..." It is on right now though, has been almost all day.
Andrew

Back