What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gimme some help here

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Ok, I have a small bog in 45gln tank. It is pine needles on the bottom 4" then 4-5" of sphag. peat and then actually like 6" of LFS on top. I luckily got about 4" of rain last night.

I want Sarracenia in it but what else could go in here? Taking it in in the winter is not a problem.

Thanks
Joe

Vft's! Put them near the edge, though, so they can get some sun...other wise taller Sars will shade them too much.

Mebbey some D. fillaformis, D. rotundiofia or D. intermedia? Those are cool, too. Also, I THINK U. subulata is a termperate utric...someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Ah, a bog. I will send some more plants you can use from mine. Will it be inside in the winter?

Yes it will! It's just a tank but it's simple beginnings. I am in love with S. leucophylla, the veining is pretty d*** cool.

Joe

A 45 gallon tank is not very large. I can forsee some potential difficulties. Have you considered how you are going to drain the tank? You will need to change the water, it will quickly become stagnant. Bogs are very fresh and clean.

I was advised to run a tube like PVC or such down the corner to be able siphon water out. I was thinking of doing a powerhead on the top of the tube and water could also be run through a filter randomly as well as be pumped out.

Joe

Back