What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TODAY is the LAST DAY of the AUCTION!

I'm glad to see this was such a success. I had to surrender on some items but I came away happy (4 plants for 12 bucks, a winner is me!
biggrin.gif
). Thanks to PAK, Phil, and everyone else who organized this and are now dealing with the aftermath. Hats off to you guys!
smile.gif

Speaking of helping out groups, the fledgeling SE CP Society could use some support
smile_m_32.gif
(winkwink nudgenudge saynomore).

Running tally is.....

drumrole please

$1,846

I made a spreadsheet, and I didn't actually READ all the posts, just the name of the auction and the last bid, so if there are more than one winner per item, then please e-mail me.

On item "S. rubra ssp. wherryi, mobile county, alabama red/copper lid" by Bugweed...  There are two plants on it.  So, the final outcome on that one is $35 X 2.    That is the only one like that I can think of.
Andrew

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!

WOW!! Thanks Casper! I've been trying to get to tally that all day.

The one I found confusing was the elephant ears...don't know how many of those were sold at what price.

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!

PAK- Good point.  But I'd say I DO understand it.  
mijako10 first bid $1 then over bid himslef with $4.00...  So, it stands as follows.

mijako10- $4.00
TheGriffin  $3.00
Lavenderdawn   $2.00

Unless...  mijako10- wanted one for $4.00 AND one for $1.00...  I'd say that could also be okay since there are 15 available...   I'd kinda leave that up to him.

Although we do need Kirkscoastalcarnivores to say if he is paying shipping or if the winners are...
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ May 25 2004,6:31)]On item "S. rubra ssp. wherryi, mobile county, alabama red/copper lid" by Bugweed...  There are two plants on it.  So, the final outcome on that one is $35 X 2.    That is the only one like that I can think of.
Andrew

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!
Hi Andrew and all,
I was contacted by Bugweed about the wherryi red/copper. There are two plants going to the two highest bidders: one to godsgarden at $35; one to me (JBL) at $28.
Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JBL @ May 25 2004,8:29)]Hi Andrew and all,
I was contacted by Bugweed about the wherryi red/copper.  There are two plants going to the two highest bidders: one to godsgarden at $35; one to me (JBL) at $28.  
Joe
Ohhh.... I didn't bid on that cause I didn't want to pay the price times two...
hehe. Enjoy your plants JBL and godsgarden!! (and everyone else!)
Andrew

Update on the wheryyi. Godsgarden is getting both plants at $35 each. He deserves them for contributing so much to this cause.
JBL

Three cheers for the NASC!!!

Hey, who: bought/donated the most items, the most expensive item andwho contributed the most $$$? Congrats...

I think the most expensive item by far was the cloning machine, looks like phil bidded on it just b4 he closed the forums...NO FAIR! Well, BCk's gonna be after his neck (or set his scropiodes on his trail...)
biggrin.gif
smile_m_32.gif

The most items (+most amount contributed) was probably bought by Est, from what I saw anyway. Where is Est? Probably still bidding...
smile_m_32.gif

Hehe I bought the most expensive seeds - D.hartmeyorum, D.spatulata 'susie Q, and U.lateriflora, in total $58. Oh man I still can't believe that I spent 38 bucks on a packet of seeds, but still...D> HARTMEYORUM!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Hooo mamma!!!
I'm gonna be rich + famous when I have little hartmeyorums popping their head out of the soil...if I'm not already
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks you all for participating in the auction, and may you be delighted with your new plants, and helping a worthy cause (and to PAK + Casper, who's taking the full load of the auction aftermath off our backs...)
smile_m_32.gif

That was sooooo fun...can we have another one?
(maybe I'll encourage some singaporeans to join, or maybe we can even have a separate auction!
cool.gif

Post here to see what you got!

I think the auction/3 month intervals is a good idea (so not as to get it too boring, and still get pleasure and excitement out of it, PAK, if you will...when can we have another one? Or are you still recovering from the other one...
smile_m_32.gif

Jason

Oooooooooooooohhhhnnnooooooooooooo! ANOTHER one???!!!! ::FAINT!::

Let me recover! But maybe if people want to have more auctions in the future, you can start propagating extra plants with that in mind. Remember there has to be material TO auction. Keep a few extra cuttings and packets of seeds, etc.

Right now...I want to take a break from life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lavenderdawn @ May 24 2004,8:00)]Wow, Finch, that is really too bad about your birds.  Good luck with them.  
smile.gif

I have to work in the morning, too.  Are we east coast'ers out of luck?  
confused.gif
I'd say you're the ones IN luck, we cpers here in southeast asia can't get the last snipe becuz everyone will be bidding away when we're fast asleep, Grrrr, plus...I HAVE EXAMS! Nooooo my seeds (I really wanted that D.trivenia, at least I got a few others...)
smile.gif
Next time I'm gonna stay up SO late and show give you all americans such a shock (and show ya'll how with much $ we can slyly sneak away with all the seeds...hehe
smile_m_32.gif

Back