What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures from my greenhouse!

Hey all!!  I haven't been around much the last 2 weeks with my college year beginning to come to a close (only 8 days left!!!).  Last week I had 3 midterms and today i finally had some time to get on.

So, anyhow here's some pics i took today:

D. anglica:
D.angclose.jpg

Another pic of D. anglica:
D.angfar.jpg

D. nitidula ssp. allantostigma flowers:
D.nsspaflowers.jpg

D. pulchella coral flower:
D.pcf.jpg

S. l x courtii f. Northern 'red':
S.lxcornr.jpg

S. oreophila:
S.oreo.jpg

D. binata 'Marston Dragon' flowers:
D.mdflowers.jpg

Does anyone know what weed this is??  I see it a lot in pots of CPs that I get off the internet.
Uweed2.jpg

-buckeye

Very nice! Beautiful plants you got there Buckeye!

Thanks for posting them.
smile.gif

Mmmmm... Marston Dragon
smile.gif

Very nice pics.

Hey,
Good pics. That weed is what I just replied to "unidentied plant" from Vertigo in the unidentified plant forum. If you have that plant, remove of it. It will take over the pot, and I had my S. Purpurea die, because of it really. It grew over the growing point so thickly, that even after I got all I could out of the pot, it would come back and do the same thing. So, I totally washed down the plant, soil and all, threw all of that soil away, and the plant went into shock I believe, and died.
Kevin

Nice pics! I need a green house....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Good pics. That weed is what I just replied to "unidentied plant" from Vertigo in the unidentified plant forum. If you have that plant, remove of it. It will take over the pot, and I had my S. Purpurea die, because of it really. It grew over the growing point so thickly, that even after I got all I could out of the pot, it would come back and do the same thing. So, I totally washed down the plant, soil and all, threw all of that soil away, and the plant went into shock I believe, and died.

Ok thanks Kevin!! The weed that I took the picture is in its own pot right now. It must have killed the sundew that was in there before. Last fall the sundew that was in that pot started to die back and some greenish non-carnivorous leaves came up around it. Since it was time for the plants to go dormant I just figured the leaves that came up were part of its dormant form. So this spring when i brought the plants out of dormancy i figured that the sundew would grow back. Instead it grew all these weird leaves and flowers and then I realized that it was not the sundew but instead this weed. So I'll go remove the weeds from other pots as soon as I can, before they get too big and harm my other CPs.

-buckeye

Back