What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tumbleweeds

Hey DD...that's a COOL photo! Those are monster tumbleweeds.

For anyone interested, there are websites online that sell tumbleweeds. And sometimes they are on eBay. I've thought of getting one. I've always thought they were cool. They are plants that have always been associated with feelings of lonesomeness and homelessness but also of freedom.

Nice pic of all you guys...very cute. I think you should keep the tumbleweeds.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 28 2004,9:53)]Hey DD...that's a COOL photo!  Those are monster tumbleweeds.  

For anyone interested, there are websites online that sell tumbleweeds.  And sometimes they are on eBay.  I've thought of getting one.  I've always thought they were cool.  They are plants that have always been associated with feelings of lonesomeness and homelessness but also of freedom.

Nice pic of all you guys...very cute.  I think you should keep the tumbleweeds.  
smile.gif
Only that they'll gouge up your back garden + your parents will proly kill you.
smile_l_32.gif
smilie4.gif

I won't even think of keeping one in my house, maybe I* can *when* I get a house with a garden. Or maybe I can get some seeds, hey, anyone know where I can get them? I'm always interested in growing any intruiging plant or seed I can find (or random ones I pick up on the road and don't even know their identity, will have an exciting (but probabbly long and painful) journey in taxonomy like Tamlin says...) Dosera-luva, I'm just curious, where exactly do you find those? I taught they only existed in the desert (rolling around like in those desert scenes in cowboy movies), wonder how they get the momentum for such a huge plant to roll on and on - must be somethin' in the plant's design as a survival feature...amazing how nature can be heh?

I think I vote for freedom more, can roll around wherever you like, hehe
smile.gif

How do they survive the desert - they look so dry. Are the seeds on or in the plant? Looks like they can keep rollin' for weeks...
smilie4.gif

Jason

Anyone considering buying tumbleweed seeds and voluntarily introducing them in their area should be thrown into a pit filled with the nasty smallly (okay, i give up. The built in censor of this forum is changing 'p r i c k l y' to smallly for no apparent reason, over and over and over...) dry hulks they produce.
mad.gif
smile_h_32.gif

I would have thought that they were considered a noxious weed, and therefore illegal to plant?

heh thanks everyone
smile.gif

tumbleweeds are cool plants (-:|

Back