What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good nep site

Yeah, and with the shipping costs, the phyto certificates, and other things... you're better off buying for a US website
smile_h_32.gif

Yeah many have ordered from there already. As a matter of fact I have an order out with them as we speak. I think you need an import permit but, they take care of other paperwork, I am not sure of this though.

Joe

SIH,
what did you order from them? where did you get your import permit was it hard to get/expensive?

I am on the order with Superimposed hope (as is Griffin). The shipping is expensive, but that is partially due to the paperwork.

If you get things straightened away, I think it balances out. With shipping it ends up about the same as ordering in the U.S. but a larger selection. Of course the first time would be more cause you have to get the permit.

Joe

The big nurseries as ME, BE and Wistuba have US Resellers. You can order there without thinking about CITES and phyto certificates.

Jan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JanW @ May 27 2004,3:25)]The big nurseries as ME, BE and Wistuba have US Resellers. You can order there without thinking about CITES and phyto certificates.

Jan
yea but they want like twice the price!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif
smile_t_32.gif

Spec's right. They certainly have their place, but if you have enough to spend or a group of people it is worth it to go direct to them. I'm not the one to know about the paperwork. I have seen several discussions about it, and a few here have done the overseas handling.

Joe

hey, how'd you get the permit, how much was shipping, next time if you guys order from them, I might be able to pull some of the weight

I think usually when there is group ordering done one person has a permit and they distribute once in U.S. Keep an ear open for group ordering among people around your state.

I don't have a permit so I don't know.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ May 26 2004,6:54)] Keep an ear open for group ordering among people around your state.
what do you do when your like me and prolly the only person with in 300 miles who is serious about CP's? its a 11 hour drive to Denver, 12 or so to Minniapolis, 16 plus to Seattle. im pretty well centralized in the middle of nowhere. i too wouldnt mind splitting an order the next time a group of members on here are putting in an order for over seas.

Rattler

Ah, the joys of living in the bay area
smile_m_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif
smilie4.gif
100 or so serious growers within 300 miles, many with import permits
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_o_32.gif
mad.gif
smile_s_32.gif

that mean your going to let me know of your next over seas order?
smile_n_32.gif

Maybe we all should start a ordering group! I'd be interested in participating and I bet alot of others would too.
If this is done, would you have to reship all the plants to other people again? If that's the case then someone how is experienced with the culitvation of Neps should order, then reship them to various people, once the plants are more established and ready for shipping.

ok i gotta question, while i havent checked the current exchange rate it seems to me that the only draw back from ordering from Wistuba is their smallish size of their basic plants. i checked out their price list and some of it dont seem to badly priced being that i rarly see some of it for sale here AND they have a distributor stateside that basically just handles the import paperwork, so for all intents and purpose there is no middle man. has anyone here ordered from them and what was their experiance? i realize there are general rules about posting for sale stuff on this forum BUT i dont see how this detracts from PTF's buisness since they offer much larger, great quality plants for less than shipping some smallish plants barly out of TC from Germany. im asking because im looking for a few of the more uncommon species.

Rattler

Back