What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nfl

Hey guys, I was just wonderin' if we could have a disscussion on the NFL. I am a die hard dolphins fan, and hate the new england patriots.

THANK YOU!!! *high-five*

I may be female, but I'm proud to declare I LOOOVE football. When football season ended this year... I felt like a part of my life was gone. GO FLORIDA GATORS AND TENNESSEE VOLS!!!!!!! I know the Vols are competitors against my team, the Gators, but the Vols are Kenny Chesney's home team!!!! That's a biiig point for me! But anyway. When exactly does football season start again? Forgive me, I'm seriously sleep-deprived at the moment (just emerged from a sleepover with a bunch of friends at my best friend Ariel's house, and I didn't sleep one wink), so right now my mind is somewhere else, I'm hearing voices inside my head (have you ever noticed how vivid a song can hear inside your head if you just THINK the song when you're sleep-deprived?? Or how a earlier conversation can do a whole replay in your mind, word for word when you're sleep-deprived??), I feel like I'm floating and I feel like I'm spinning... or maybe everything else is spinning.. I can't tell... so this results in stupid questions.

Yawn
smile_o_32.gif
Sports really isn't my thing

Nope, mine, either.  But we needn't rain on their parade.  ( & please correct your spelling, Spec...)

Even though I live down here in Australia I have followed the Buffalo Bills since 1987 when I saw my first game on TV one night. They were playing the Broncos at Mile High Stadium and I decided that whoever won the game would be the team I'd follow. Obviously the Bills won the game.

I love watching games throughout the NFL season and subscribe to cable especially to see the games.

We used to get replays of the games shown on regular TV during the week but they stopped that a while back.
smile_h_32.gif

I have always hated the Dolphins. But I have always enjoyed how they choke in the playoffs

Dolphins fan? Well, aside frim being a Cowboy & Raider fan for decades, I am also a Bills fan. You know -the 4 time Super Bowl losing Bills! We have an expression we like to use for the Dolphins: "Squish the fish!" Not that they are fish, but... I just say:"Mame the Mammal"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ May 30 2004,9:33)]I have always hated the Dolphins. But I have always enjoyed how they choke in the playoffs
Hey, at least we could win 1 out of 4! (2 out of 5) The bills choke out even more

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 30 2004,9:49)]Dolphins fan? Well, aside frim being a Cowboy & Raider fan for decades, I am also a Bills fan. You know -the 4 time Super Bowl losing Bills! We have an expression we like to use for the Dolphins: "Squish the fish!" Not that they are fish, but... I just say:"Mame the Mammal"
confused.gif
Well at least you stand by your teams in their um... not so good stages. The cowboys! Remember thanksgiving? The raiders! even in their good years we manage to beat them my second favorite team is the rams, at least you guys aint Patriot fans

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ May 31 2004,7:14)]Hey, at least we could win 1 out of 4! (2 out of 5) The bills choke out even more
Point taken.

I love football. I have been a SF fan for many many years, as well as a Lions fan but mostly for Barry Sanders. I played Fullback/Linebacker for 10 years through childhood into highschool.

confused.gif
I wonder if Seahawks have a fan
laugh.gif

Joe

P.S. With the talk of Superbowls and playoffs need I say anything on behalf of SF?

this is why I love these discussions, because nobody takes it really serious, and you can fool around
smile_n_32.gif

Eagles, well they are a good team but in the NFC Championsip... need I go further

I have been a dolphins fan for more then thirty years. When I was little just the name put shivers down my back! This year I'm going for the NFL package on satillite so I can see them every week( living in Oregon I don't get to see them very much) and yes there are seahawk fans:)

kirks, what did the birds do to the fish this year? need I SAY more??

I don't know if I enjoy the NFL as much as I do College Football.  If they would ever GET RID OF THE BCS and their political power, we may have a good playoff to watch every year in the NCAA.  

NFL I was always a Chiefs fan.  Finally last year they showed some SERIOUS promise...but just like them they lost in the playoffs before the super bowl.  Argh! They had another season like when they went 13-3 in '96 and lost to a wild card....  
mad.gif

Next, year they may get their act together.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrwt644 @ May 31 2004,12:42)]kirks, what did the birds do to the fish this year?  need I SAY more??
It was pretty close, one more touchdown, not to mention our fans were HORRIBLE There

Speaking of college football, I have been a lifelong fan of the Irish, Crimson Tide, and Sooners. Not a fan of the Gators, Hurricane, and Seminoles. Gee, Kirk, it looks like we have a natural rivalry going.

In the Florida papers the entire sports section seems to deal with only the Gators, the Hurricanes, the Seminoles, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay. These people have to learn that there are teams beyond Florida's borders. By the way Hurricane season officially starts tomorrow!

Living in Nebraska, there is only one team around here for football(seriously, the Huskers are the only div I team in the state!). This season they pass( pun) up on decades of grinding the ball out on the ground for the West Coast Offense.
As for NFL, I have been a die -hard Buffalo Bills fan for longer than they have been losing Super Bowls.
mad.gif

I know I am supposed to hate all the other teams in the Bills division , but I have to support them when they make the playoffs.

Cheers,

Joe

Back