What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New little one arriving soon!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everybody

Since Jonah's death, I've been working hard to find a wire fox terrier puppy.  It has not been easy...they are harder to find than a needle in a haystack.  After an ugly ordeal with a...a...(can't say the word here)...*%$#@! uncommunicative, rude breeder, I have finally struck a deal and have a puppy on the way!  That is unless he has another bipolar moment and changes his mind again.  So cross your fingers that nothing else goes awry.  I feel like I've been through labor...

Anyway...he will be arriving June 17th.  He was born on March 11th.  His momma's name is Monique (Ch. FyreWyre Ooh La La).  I don't know his daddy's name yet.  He is coming from South Carolina.

I am still thinking of names so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them.  Can't say I'll use it...but I'm still open to suggestions.  A friend of mine has been calling him "Gateway" because he looks like the cow-colored boxes the computer ships in.  lol  That will NOT be his name!

Here he is...little no-name male wire fox pup!....

malewire.jpg

I am still grieving hard over the loss of Jonah...I miss him terribly.  Hopefully this little guy will keep me too busy to think too much.  No dog will ever replace my Jonah...but this pup will have a new personality to get to know and love.

Suzanne/PAK

Ah what a cutie! So glad you are moving on to another dog *Of course you will never ever forget Johan* *pardon my spelling or wording*. A new dog will help the healing process. A very cute breed of dog. Good Luck and Happy Times ahead.
smile.gif

Travis

I found a little black terrier puppy of some kind. I was walking to the store and this puppy started following me and wouldn't go home to where ever and I had to cross a very busy street so I decided to take him home and put up signs for lost puppy. No one is claiming him. He has 1 more week then I am taking him to the pound, I would keep him but then I would have to get kenneling license. I already have 2 sheppards and a dalmation. If anyone lives close at the end of the week you may have him.

Joe

P.S. PAK, Good luck with new love. I am terrible with names

Jonah was a 'fox wire terrier'? What's that? Didn't Jonah have any babies or your parents didn't let you...my parents seem to think that breeding would exhaust a dog, which is quite true, but I WANT PUPPIES! They would look soooo cute...
biggrin.gif

The one above looks exactly like Jonah, good luck in finding new love with your new puppy!

Jason

Ps. Where'd you order the puppy from, how much? Looks like a curious little baby, he's only 2 months old?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

no, it wasnt her parents
laugh.gif
Shes like, 30 years old...

I THINK Johnah was adopted... When you adopt an animal here, you are youquired to spay/neauter it

That is one good looking puppy.  His personality shows in the pics.  I'm sure it will be mutual "love at first sight".
You had better get the house all spanky clean...wouldn't want a little cutie like that to see dust on the floor.
Also, put a couple of chewies out so he doesn't decide to eat your CPs...Hehehe.

how about carolina
Anyway he's so adorable! After i lost my Golden retriever named Jaws I adopted an abused black lab/ pitbull mix who just turned 1 year old, trust me at the beginning they are sooo hard to train, but it pays you back with love

Nice dog, and I hope it really happens but like I said, jerks have a way of continuing to be jerks. But if this guys word was a rowboat, I doubt I'd set to sea in it.

This dog is about to learn how good it can get!

Yes, I will be doing a thorough "puppy proofing" of house and yard.  I have only 2 weeks left to prepare.  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Jason...lol...HUUUH??  Umm...he's a wire-haired fox terrier....not "fox wire".  
smile.gif
 A fox terrier is an old breed of dog developed centuries ago by hunters in England to chase small animals like fox and badger "to ground" (which means into their den or burrow).  They are bred for "heart"--they will not quit the chase!  They have no fear and will go down a burrow in the face of an angry, snarling badger.  In fact, the reason their tails are docked is so the hunters could reach down the hole and pull the fox terrier out by the tail!

There are two types of fox terriers...wire-haired--with a hard, wirey, broken coat and the smooth-haired--with a short, smooth, flat coat.  The coat is the only difference between the two varieties but they were separated a while back into two separate breeds for show purposes.

Usually called "wires" by fans of wire fox terriers, they are plucky, vivaceous, curious, loving, funny, ACTIVE, bouncy and sweet to name just a few of their wonderful characteristics.  Fox terriers are not for everybody.  You must be a real dog lover to put up with their sometimes overabundance of enthusiasm.  A wire does nothing half-way!  But they have a spark and fire that will light up your heart.  
biggrin.gif

My dog Jonah was a wire and was not "adopted"...he was a registered, purebred wire that was given to me when one of my best friends bred her wire fox, Daisy.  Jonah was neutered because I believe in neutering all animals who are not specifically going to be in a breeding program.  We have too many unwanted pets as it is.  EVERYONE should spay and neuter their cats and dogs so we don't have sick, starving, abused and unwanted animals that must be killed to stop their suffering.  Most professional breeders only breed their females 4 times and then they are retired and placed in a good home.  They also usually require someone buying a puppy to sign a spay/neuter contract so you MUST do that if you're dog is a pet only.

DO NOT EVER breed a dog just because the puppies are cute!  Yes they are!  But how cute are they when they are being shoved into a gas chamber and gassed to death because nobody wanted them?

And Spec...lol...Yes, I'm somewhere around 30....  
smile_n_32.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
 Thanks!

He's cute.

Very cute, indeed.  
smile.gif

Still looking for a name? Or are you going to wait until you can hold him?  I might suggest: Rufus, Fred, or Spot (really, did you ever actually meet a dog named 'Spot'?
smile_n_32.gif
)

Merlin

lol Merlin. Spot?!!! (Actually he does have that black spot on one side...). I think I'd put that name right alongside "Gateway".
laugh.gif
And actually if Gateway didn't make icky PCs, I might consider it.

I have a name in mind and a few others on a list, but I'm still open to suggestions. One of the names in "The List" is MACINTOSH. hehe Won't name a dog after a PC, but a Mac is a different thing!
biggrin.gif

Thanks all. I think he's pretty cute. I went through such #### to get him I feel like I've been in labor and birthed this pup myself.

16 days...and counting.
smile.gif

Well, PAK what can I say? Congratulations. I wouldn't worry about the name
our companions have a way of naming themselves. We just happen to come along and notice the ovious trates. I own a mutt she's half Jack Russle, half beagle and half crazy
smile.gif
actually the parents were bred that way for hunting purposes, backwoods pedigree, but it wasn't a problem there were more homes waiting than puppies. I'm very happy for you and wish you all the joy and happiness to come.

How 'bout Purply? In the first picture i think 'is eye is kinda purply
smile_l_32.gif
He very nice lookin too
smile.gif

Oh, how cute!
Why dont you call him Sam or spot?

Purply the Pup.  lol  (That's pretty close to "purpurea".) His eye better NOT be purple!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I was supposed to be purchasing a "pet quality" dog.  However, for some reason the breeder upgraded me to a "show quality" for the same price.  He feels he has good show potential.  Kinda makes me feel guilty that the only dog show this dog will see is Westminster on the TV.  
laugh.gif
 (Trivia:  wire fox terriers have won Best in Show at the Westminster Dog Show more than any other breed).  
biggrin.gif
 Last to win was a pretty little female wire named Lacey several years ago.

Spot has already been suggested. And he won't be a "Sam". Sam is the 2nd most common dog name...Max being No. 1. All my pets have had "different" names so nothing common will do! He will most likely have 2 or 3 names...like most humans do.
smile.gif

Think FIRE! Think WIRE! Hmmm...maybe Kilowatt? Eh...then he'd get called Kilo and someone might mistake him for a kilo of cocaine or somethin'... See...its hard to pick a name!

lol Merlin...you are a smart man. I know you can do better than that! Where is that biting sense of humor? Can't you think of something more witty than...Sparky?
laugh.gif
(BTW...do you remember Reddi Kilowatt?)

A "biting sense of humor" for a puppy? LOL

Sorry, I don't remember Reddi Kilowatt. That could be my memory or it could be that the little critter never made it to Long Island
smile.gif

Reddi Kilowatt...the little electric guy made out of red lightning bolts with a lightbulb for a nose? Many electric companies....err...a few years ago...used Reddi as a co-opped advertising figure. And there were many Reddi Kilowatt promotional items including pins, earrings, desk figurines, pot holders, match books, ashtrays, etc. (I have a few Reddi Kilowatt items...some worth a few bucks).

I guess you don't remember Esso and the tiger in your tank either... *sigh* I'm so old.... OH YEAH! I forgot...I'm only 30! hehe
smile_m_32.gif

Back