What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you got in on my mexi-ping offer

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Okay, first thing first. The following people were sent their palnts on Saturday:

Smith
Hartley
Fre8train
Hedderly
Harris
Wallace
Myers
Shummway
Estes
Dodds
Schempp

So that means I am still waiting to hear from 7 of you
smile.gif

Next order of business. I used shorthand IDs on everything I sent so here is what they all are:

For the Yucca Do plants I just used the last 2 digits of the Yucca Do code. So basically if your tube says 13 that means you got Yucca Do 1713, and 14 means Yucca Do 1714, etc, etc, etc. Note that 15 (which would be Yucca Do 1715 ) is my cultivar, P. 'Enigma' which should officailly be in CPN sooner or later.

A.L. 14 = Alfred Lau plant #14 but pretty much everyone calls it A.L. 14

CP2 x moc = laueana CP2 x moctezumae

CP2 x emarg = laueana CP2 x emarginata (This is Vic Brown's clone)

PdO = sp. Pico de Orizaba

Poto = potosiensis (this is the BestCP clone)

Titan = cv. 'Titan'

Pir = cv. 'Pirouette'

2/4 = hemiepiphytica site 2 #4 (this is the type location)

mor alba = moranensis alba

Pau Ed = sp. Pauchuca (Ed Read clone)

I am pretty sure those are all the ones I sent out but if you get something not on the list then please PM me.

Cheers

im glad you posted this. i was about to pm you to find out what 13 and 17 ment. they arrived in good shape. interesting lil containers. where did you get them? thanks again!

Rattler

I received mine yesterday. Thank you SO much Travis! I'm very happy to have them. And you should have kept the extra dollar. Coulda bought yourself some gum or a Lifesaver.
smile_n_32.gif

Your offer is greatly appreciated.

Pico de Orizaba.......I love that name.  Spanish for peak of
confused.gif
???
I just gotta' own something with a name like that.
Any more left?
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ June 08 2004,10:41)]interesting lil containers. where did you get them?
I ganked them from work, they are cryogenic storage vials for storing strains in the liquid nitrogen tanks.

Once again Pyro you do the community proud!  Man, I remember back when we had few plants and dreamed of the time when exchanges like this would be possible.  That was just a couple of years ago!  Imagine where things will be 5 years from now!  I picture a time when a persons collection will only be space limited, not financially dependent.  If you have space and desire, you get the plants.  If you have demonstrated the skills, you get the rare stuff.

So, thanks my friend for setting such a fine example.  Offers like yours make my day.

Now, all you guys getting the plants Pyro is sending, do your best to multiply and share them in turn!  If we have 5 Pyros out there, the rate of increase in plant collections will go through the roof!

question. whats my best bet on getting these lil guys started? i was thinking of putting the pots in a ziplock for a couple weeks or so. will they get enough light under florecents through the bag? sitting them in a window will prolly bake them. thats about the only way i can come up with. they are about 1/4 to 1/8 the size of the smallest pings ive ever started.

Rattler

Rattler

All of these guys were sitting in typical pots unprotected in my sunroom getting temps upto 95 and down to 55. I grow in a mostly crushed coral mix but pretty much any Mexi-Ping mix will work, as a suggestion go 3:1:1 perlite:vermic:peat and you should be fine. Set the plants right side up on the media and put them on the tray system. They should take off in no time.

Or if you like top the media with milled sphag, place the plants on that and water once then stick them in a bag under fluorescents, that is basically how I started all of them as cuttings.

William,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I do remember those days and I am very happy to see how the community has evolved since then. I like doing my small part to spread the joy.

It has come to my attention that probably a lot of you are not familiar with the Yucca Do Pings. If that is the case then please follow this link:

Yucca Do Pings

Eric Partrat was kind enough to donate some webspace for these guys.

It is possible the plant grows on the slopes of that mountain. Not sure though. Ed Read would probably be the one to ask in this case, he knows a lot about where rogue plants like this come from it seems.

As for pics goTo this page on Eric's site

Okay,

Forbes and Copper your plants are en route too now.

As I figure it (and some of this is guess as I don't know everyones real name vs theor forum name) I am still waiting on dollars from:

Noah
Kirkscostalcarnivores
Peter
Huy716
Slizarus
Mat_man444

I have spoken to Slizarus and Peter. If there is something going on with the rest of you please let me know

Cheers

Still waiting to hear from Noah, Kirk and Mat_Man

Back