What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You thought my internet connection sucked adnedarn

I would also like to point out I mis-spelled many things when explaining the KB stuff to LD. Always something knew to learn every day
biggrin.gif

Wow, this turned from a dull thread to a flame Spec thread.  Ok well Spec, I would say, don't worry about it, just try to be a bit more choosy with your words
smile_m_32.gif
  As for knowing things about computers, the best way is experience, you can read something and forget about it, but the chances are, if you need to actually do something, chances are, you'll remember it if it comes up in the future.  Furthermore, today, everyone seems to be on edge, seriously.  It must be because I did poorly on my Spanish final
smile_n_32.gif

Well, not to continue with the flame Spec thread, but I would like to point out a few things.

"glad theres SOMEONE else here not computer illiterate"

Elses meaning that you are one of the "literate" people here. Yet, you do not have the basic understanding of the difference between a bit and a byte.

Tis ok, we all gotta learn somewhere, and most of the time our screw-ups tend to stick in our minds better.

So, to educate a little, 1 bit = 8 bytes. Therefore 1 Megabit per sec, = 1 MegaBYTE per 8 secs.

Now, I havn't looked over this in years, nor have I needed to so someone correct me if I am wrong. MB = MegaByte (capitol 'M' is Mega, capitol 'B' is Byte) Mb (capitol 'M' is Mega, lowercase 'b' is bit) therefore 3Mbs = 3 MegaBITS a sec.

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript"
alert.write("shut up!!!
mad.gif
");
</SCRIPT>
ok everyone... calling people "iliterate" is not that offensive, haven't you figured out that spec jokes around alot?
smile_m_32.gif

Spec, I know exactly what illiterate means.

Yes, it's very different for someone to call themselves something, and for you to call someone something. That's the tact I was referring to.

edit: that's what i get for typing while on the phone

Back