What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving for a while

Colieo

Staff member
Hey everyone!

I will be leaving on Monday for Australia and New Zealand for a month of traveling and study. I will be visiting Sydney, Brisbane, Bundaburg, Wellington, Christchurch, Rotorura, and several other cities. I will be touring several State and National Parlament buildings, climbing Sydney Harbor Bridge, swimming the Barrier Reef, rock climbing where they filmed Lord of The Rings, going to a farm stay, and staying with a family in New Zealand, and much more. I believe I am also visiting a botanical garden, hopefully with Cps, and if I see any wild ones, I will be excited! Between this, and Horse shows, my summer will be very busy. I hope to be on as much as possible, when internet is available. I will miss the forums, and look forward to returning. Pictures are a promise!

Take care,
Cole

Wow!  You lucky dog!  Have a great time, and watch out for those s-s-s-s-nakes they have down under.  Do say "G'day", but don't say "Crikey".  Remember "Tie Me Kangaroo Down": is NOT the national anthem.  That's reserved for "The Land Down Under" by Men At Work.  If you drink beer (I know you are underaged but I think the drinking age in Oz is like 11) stay away from Foster's.  They ship it here to get it as far away as possible.  The water goes the other way around the toilet bowl.  Nowt sure what complications might arise if you forget, but....

If you happen to find a quartz pebble or 2 in NZ, maybe you will think of me and pocket a few.  I need them for a theory I am testing on the metaphysical influence of native stone on native species.

Remember to keep your eyes on the edges of water.  If you see yellow or violet flowers you gotta check it out!

If you have visit time and need a go between, email me.  I have so many friends in Oz I could probably find you a guide at the spur of the moment.  If you can visit just one place, Phill Mann would be my choice.  I know you have a full schedule, but if something opens up, let me know and I will take it from there and try to make things happen for you.

You lucky dog!  Shoot, I already said that.  What I meant to say is "You lucky dog!"

I'll add mine to that...you lucky dog! I hope you have a blast. You're going to have a great experience. I hope you do get to see CPs in the wild.

Check in if you can and give us an update.

Most of all...have fun!
biggrin.gif

Aaagh!

Jealousy twitches.

You are so lucky. New Zealand is so beautiful... at least from the pictures I've seen...

Lol... Anyway! Have fun! (As if you need me to say that.) ^_^' And make sure to get one of those underwater cameras so you can bring us pics of the fish! >.+

Back