Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hand guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should tell you about a great gun cabinet one of our officers has. It is not metal, but wood. It is standard furiture and looks like standard furniture. It locks and is heavy. I will not add what type because I do not want to give it away over the internet. It also makes very nice furniture. Not many would look there
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cooper:
    I do not mean offend you as I do respect you as an officer. I just find it interesting to read up on stuff like this. I agree that people need to have guns stored in a safe. I have my hands guns stored in a safe. The only thing that is not stored is my shotgun for hunting.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some hard facts for you.

Lost/Missing = 858

Stolen = 4,090

Recovered = 1,879

Over 4,000 guns stolen last year that where reported. Thats 4 THOUSAND guns in the hands of criminals. That is a lot of people who arn't being responsible with there weapons.

Criminals can't buy a gun legally. Nobody with an ounce of intelligence would buy a gun under there name and give it to a criminal. So, they buy them on the streets, and generally, they are stolen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i can carry in open sight but that also means its in open sight for criminals who may try to break into the outfit to steal the gun. they have broken into vehicles for less than what my revolver is worth. i do not keep firearms in a vehicle here for any longer than necessary. lots off ppl up here keep their rifles in a rack behind their heads. i do not. i figure im asking for something to get stolen. besides im not a farmer/rancher so i dont need to have one always with me for the odd coyote or to put terminally injured livestock down. i do not have a case for my revolver. when transporting it it is in a holster. i guess i could get a case for it and leave it under the seat which should go around the CCW laws but why not just go get a licence? is it going to harm anyone? no i dont have a reason to carry a handgun around unless im hunting and such, besides it would get in the way during work. its just gonna eat up some of my free time and covers my ****. now i just have to get off my rear and go get one

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, then we are in agreement for the most part. Actually, we are coming from the same angle, Neither of us want the right to bare arms removed. Guns must be used responsible for us to keep that right. We must not lose court battles and I certainly do not like to see honest citizens lose everything they own because they defended themselves or others. I too like information on this topic. I will get specifics and get them off to you, but it will be awhile before I see the people that have the specifics. I could get some for you today, but they would be from groups that do not want guns allowed and may be tainted to their wishes. I would rather get the info where I got it, instructors. Just so you know they too are for concealed carry, but they would like specifics given to care of the guns. Education is the most important step.

Thanks for the numbers Casper. It is probably a lot worse. That may only be the guns that are enterable (is this a word?) into the National Crime Computer. It may not include the ones that are not. Without the serial number they are not entered until they are recovered and hopefully tracked back to the owner. If they are defaced they can not be tracked. Travis you lock up your guns. That is responsible. Thanks.

Rattler, a good argument. I do not keep my hunting firearms in my vehicle either. I use them and then put them away. Another plus we have here is that if the gun is locked in your trunk (or even in a secured case under or behind your seat) it is not considered concealed. To be a concealed weapon in Nebraska it has to be hidden in a way that it is immediately accessible for immediate use. It sounds as if you are responsible with your weapons (not wanting thenm to be stolen) and will be very responsible with a CCW.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some info, Congressional findings

Gun info - trafficking

The Federal trafficers will feed the large groups that buy in number.

Smart Gun Site, safety tech. Bare in mind they are selling a product, although it may be very good.

stats at bottom

This one is frightening. Our goverment agencies were not reporting their lost and stolen firearms. There's weapon security.

Main stuff starts on 4th paragraph.

Okay, I'll stop now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234