What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you choose your

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Jim-Scott has been my nickname since I was 17.

You can take a wild guess?
smile_m_32.gif

Yeah, mine's hard to figure out as well...
smile_n_32.gif

Steve LaWarre
Grand Rapids, MI

Mines a little harder but guess anyway.

Lets see ozzy...

Your a big Sabbath fan?
Or you bit the head of somthing when you were really tanked?
Come on man! Give it up!

Steve

All of the above.

confused.gif
I don't know! These odd long names just come to me.
confused.gif
I also have gone by "Plastic" for a long time "Plasticenvironment" to be exact.

Joe

Well, many-a year ago, I stumbled up on the nickname "estitabarnak". But that seemed to offend both French, Canadians, and the occasional passerby, which is all good and well, except I got tired of mails asking me things like "dO u no wut ur name meens!". So, for half of the time it's used, it's just Estm which is fine by me because it fits in to high score lists on arcade games
smile_n_32.gif
Not to mention, Est just neet-o. Side-note: when shortened, the first letter is capitalized, when in entirety, the first letter is always lowercased.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Whats your name mean? PM me if its inappropriate for English translation. I'm curious now. I know nothing of French or Canadian (?same?)

Joe

Well, it's less offensive for the French, because it's more Canadian slang, but more for people who speak French as the general criteria.  So, just to answer the question for you, and anyone else aching to find out:  I wont tell.

Just kidding!  
smile_l_32.gif
 Well, the first part doesn't bode so well with people. I've also heard it used as a specific word...  But, what people often forget is the second part!  Well, it all culminates into one big dirty name, I guess.  But the intent wasn't really to be offensive, just FYI.

I know we did this a while ago...But ok I'm game.

Slizarus was my invention in 2001.. I was thinking of a name for a Log in to Sega net..and they had their avatars..the only one that interested me was one that looked like a punk.. and since my name from 1998 was rejected (Andalite) I had to think of something that sounded cool, had an S and a Z...something similar to a snake/Lizard/Slizer
(you know, those lego things) and after some thinking at about 3 am or so. I came up with it. and Slizarus has been my name ever since.. funny thing is that I never used Sega Net..I don't even remember completing the registration for it.

I was curious about Superimposedhope, Unknownclown, Flipsidepint, etc..

needed a hotmail account name, and so here is how it came about...
I worked at a motorcycle race shop in san diego ca, and so I always wanted to be the racer...the shop I worked at was called white tip racing. I picked out my amateur racing number as 644. Motorcyle racer white tip 644

so, mcrwt644 is how that came to be.

My forum name is just the first two letters of my first, middle and last names

Micah James Kopp and the 10 is my birthday (Feb. 10th).

pasoftim= pass of time what do must of us do online Pass the time away Smile

Well, superimposed is overly imposing, and hope is ..... well you know what hope is.
I have always been a person to reject things for the simple purpose of them being pushed upon me. It has kinda lead to these names involved with forced of emotions and such.

I think the creative names are the best cause they tell you something about the person if you can read between the lines

Joe

Back