What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What tattoos do you have?

i have quite a few...
one on my left ankle that wraps all the way around
inside of left ankle
right shoulder-blade
left side right below the tummy
lower back

weeeeeeee! had a few piercings too, but now all i have left are the ears and one of the tongue rings

edit in response to the condescending comment by that one member:
one of em was a jail-house style by hand... didn't get it in jail though and it's been redone, too... what's it to ya?

Swords, all mine have had new needles for every color or change, it costs like a $1 per needle everytime. This is well worth it. Some artists use resterilized needles which is fine but not enough for clean-paranoides. I don't give much thought to the idea though since I am poisoned with ink (young mishap), and asbestos most likely.
I never was a peircing fan, I had my lip up to a 4ga hole but it now is more like a permanent 12ga. I don't keep anything in it anymore. I will get my son's name on my left shoulder but haven't completed the design yet. Other than that I don't give new tattoos much thought anymore, I instead focus on my plants and gettingnew ones of those.
smile_m_32.gif

Butthead, what are the tattoos of ?

Joe

Tacky or not here's mine
1365My_tat.jpg

By the way its one thing to say you dont like something and quite another to be be rude about it.
smile_t_32.gif

Like Thumper's wise dad once said, "if you don't have nothin nice to say... Don't say nothin at all"
smile_l_32.gif

Here are pics of mine...  

calvin tat.jpg

eagle tat.jpg

gramstat.jpg

Ah Calvin! The best comic charachter ever! A curse on Waterson for ending that most amazing cartoon!
laugh.gif
Seriously, I don't even look at the comics page anymore, nothing compares!

Lets hear it for jailhouse tats! Mine were done between 13 and 15 years old with a sewing needle and Windor Newton India ink.

joe, do you have any pics of your elaborate work?
hard to visualise with just words

Butthead, I'll see if I do.

I have the same story Swords.
smile_n_32.gif

Joe

Heres the tattoo I designed for my friend. Its the only one I have a pic of. The guy who actually tattooed it on her didn't do it exactly the same and added his own flare. But she liked it and thats what matters. Plus I got a ride home from school every day for a semester for designing it woohoo lol

tat.jpg

the tattoo is of a goddess and the virgo sign.

That is AWESOME!!

okay... can't sleep again. here is a pic of one of em. hope this works. photobucket (which i usually use) isn't working properly right now...

ankle.jpg

I have 5 tattoos.
On my knee I have a smiley face.
Kind of like this but not sideways.
(c:
On my right knee I have a frowny face.
)c:

On my left upper arm I had a cross with light shinning from behind it.
All of these were jailhouse tattoos.
I had the cross covered with a skull ripping it's way out of my arm.

I also have a tattoo that only a few people see.
smile_m_32.gif

I have a large twisted knarled tree on my back wrapped with an elaborate keltic knot, my own original design. Its about 11X14 inches.

I want to get a botanical line drawing of Quercus michauxii on my shoulder blade, kind of wrapping part of whats there. And when I finish my masters I will probably get a botanical drawing of Dendrophylax on one of my upper arms (my thesis is on stemless orchids).

I had a proffessor that had a perffect rendition of a female german nice guyroach on his soulder. His doctoral thesis was one nerve signaling in nice guyroahs.

divaskid, that is just a really great design!  And that tat artist must be really skilled, as well.  
I wasn't even going to look at this thread because I haven't any, never would go through that myself & really don't see the big deal about it.  But when I saw it had gotten to 4 pages long, I had to see what the fuss was about.  Wow!  I do appreciate well done art.  I am a masseuse & I have seen some really fantastic designs.  For my taste, I prefer the nature based designs over the gruesome ones.
Butthead, try again.  And any others, too.  I would like to see the art.  The technique fascinates me as well.  
jhupp, your ideas sound great.  Any pics?  (And try typing coxroach instead.)
And, Ozzy, next visit I gotta see those tattoos.
smile_m_32.gif

i would want a pic of a Red Dragon With ill teeth, and the words inscribed "Akai Ryu" under it
biggrin.gif

that would be SICK
unclesam.gif
unclesam.gif
unclesam.gif

Hellz

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jhupp @ June 16 2004,4:29)]I had a proffessor that had a perffect rendition of a female german nice guyroach on his soulder. His doctoral thesis was one nerve signaling in nice guyroahs.
Man I loooooovvveee the filter. I laughed so hard, I spit pop all over my keyboard
laugh.gif
LOL!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And, Ozzy, next visit I gotta see those tattoos.

I would have showed you last time I was there if I had thought about it. I really don't show them much. When I got mine, tattoos were not really as popular as they are now. I try to never do what the "pop culture" does. Tattoos use to mean that you were different. Now it seems that most people have them so now it means you're just follwing the trend.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ June 16 2004,7:29)]I can't see it.

Joe
click on where it says "ankle"....

sorry folks, guess i should've specified... lol

Back