What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 and up: absinth anyone?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]lemme try it first and lets see if i can distinguish a flytrap from a nep
You can't tell the difference now Spec, why do you think alcohol will help.
Beside it's illeagal for a 13 year old to drink.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 18 2004,6:00)]Beside it's illeagal for a 13 year old to drink.
that dont stop me, im 14
smile_m_32.gif

Hey Hellz, your signature sounds like your proud of drinking and driving. I hope thats not the case. My aunt is paralyzed because a drunk driver hit her. My great uncle is dead cause a drunk driver hit him on his motorcycle. My neighbor is in jail for a hit-and-run while being drunk. He's facing a 4yr sentence and loss of license for 10yrs.

Joe

i dont drive and my sig is from a shirt i own

Cool, I never thought much of driving while intoxicated from alcohol or anything else till a friend ran into some ladys house and nearly killed himself and the family inside. He was depressed and drank 2 bottles of champagne and decided to go for a drive where fell asleep at the wheel. The car hit a support beam in the center of the 2 car garage and proceeded through the back wall of the garage, the upstairs collapsed down onto the car.
I don't mean to lecture or anything, I was just curious.

Joe

cool, i didnt take any offense from it
but when i go to the phillipines, i can drive all i want
biggrin.gif

the cops are corrupt there, and if u slip a 1000 peso bill, im sure theyd leave u be
smile_m_32.gif

also, im the the mayors nephew of Carmen Bohol
its also cool in tha philippines because i can ask my uncle to send some ppl into tha jungles of Luzon and Sibuyan to get some rare neps and orchids. altho ive never done this, ill ask him to send some ppl to get seed for me
biggrin.gif

i can spread tha seeds in this forum so watch out...
Hellz

i've never tried absinth. maxim magazine did an article a while ago about it. it's the one with anna kornikova on the cover. don't remember too much about the article though.

since we're already on the topic, one of my favorite drinks is absolute vodka mixed with blue poweraide. just mix it to taste. even better than vodka and redbull!!

peace,
tech...

Wicked, The stuff I received was potent wormwood extract in two 20 ml bottles that needed to be poured into another alchohol the only way it could have passed customs I assume since premixed with alchohol is illegal. (even though extracts are usually 120 proof due to the extraction if they're not using methenol or isopropyl to extract it). The Bottles suggest 750 ml of clean high proof vodka. In MN they can't sell anything over 80 proof (no Everclear) so that's what I had to use.

Yes, it tastes almost exactly like Jaggermeister! I used to like that stuff. Tastes like h3ll to me now but really did the job back when I used to like to party. Now I'm the big party pooper by not drinking so I don't even go out anymore, just fiddle with my plants!
smile.gif

LOL, Jaeger was so gross! I'm a more foo-foo drinker, midori sours, amaretto, white or black russians, and daquiris being my favorites. Mojitos are yummy too. Kamikaze with extra lime shots if I had to hang with the boys ;)

...hm. Now I'm going to have to go for a pear cider.
laugh.gif

I'm going to have a Code Red Mountain Dew!
biggrin.gif

I can't stand the taste of black licorice, but I don't mind Jagermister if it's straight from the freezer. I was stationed in Germany when I was 18 and I got my discharge right after I turned 21 so when I did drink I was legal. I tried absinth at a peanut bar in Bad Kreuznach, Germany I don't know what it did. I'd had quite a bit to drink before that. Can't say I tip a bottle anymore.
Every once and a while I may mix a Jack and Coke if I'm having trouble sleeping because I'M not much on taking pills, even asprin.

I had a couple shots of Green Fairy with a few friends once. It's goes straight to your head that's for certain.

Tastes horrid too. Not recommended for individuals wishing to keep the majority of their brain.

Wow...I just noticed this thread.

How can you say Jaeger is gross? Sure, it tastes like cough suryup, but it's good stuff! It was the drink of choice to buy for a lady when I was in school...Supposedly it gave you best...er...shot
smile_m_32.gif

Anyway, I've never been a big drinker in general, though I've had my occaison to ask like an idiot (oh, I vaguely remember that new years party....vaguely). Now I just have a glass of wine or a beer with dinner (MAYBE two, after a real hard day). My father in law makes wine (red & white. The red is like a chiante [sp?]) in the basement, and it's really good.

Yea I could never drink and not act like an idiot. I don't seem to be the only one! These day I frequent bars but it is to play music and get paid, and I don't drink on the job. I've come into situations as a "hired gun" (what they call a musician who steps in during the absence of a member so the whole band dosn't lose money) and played with guys that just start hammering beers
and the music always starts to suck soon after. Then you have the people that are completely hammered and want to talk to the band. It's never pretty and a constant reminder what indulgence will do to a person-I.E. make english a second language.
confused.gif

Heya schloaty,

Over here the drink to send is a tequila shot (which can be gross too, depending on quality). It might be a California thing though.

Back