What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toilet seats

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Why is it that when guys use the toilet the polite thing is for the guy to put the seat back down? But when a gal uses it, there is no reciprocity? You NEVER see a gal put the seat back up? Why?

Good question! I just leave the seat down. If she wants it up then she can put it up.

Joe

Because when a guy leaves the seat up it gives a huge opportunity for a girl to accidently sit on the nasty part of the toilet .....especially if its in the middle of the night and dark. I have done this myself and it isn't pleseant at all. YUCK!

Where as as guys, whats the down side, except for a few seconds of 'hard labor' putting the seat up and then down when youre finished.

Granted I agree its not fair, but unless we start having seperate bathrooms in the house it won't change much. Plus it just doesn't look good to have the toilet seat up. hehe

If a guy wants to #2, he puts the seat down with no effort, even in the middle of the night. Why can't a girl learn to do the same for #1or #2.

Joe

One reason is that that you've already made your hands dirty, so when you're done you might as well put down the seat too. Otherwise, we'd have to put down the seat, wash our hands, go to the restroom, and wash our hands again. As for you putting up the seat in the first place...I dunno. That's your choice. I know y'all can sit and go if you had to. Or maybe just aim better?

Now that I think of it, someone should invent a button that brings it up, and a mechanism that takes it down after a few minutes *hmmmm...*

Ya know,.... good inventions are about practical use.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ June 19 2004,4:04)]Now that I think of it, someone should invent a button that brings it up, and a mechanism that takes it down after a few minutes *hmmmm...*
nope, wouldn't work... especially for mike myers!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
laugh.gif

wow... how lazy can you be to want a machine to lift the seat? lol...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ June 18 2004,7:22)]Ya know,.... good inventions are about practical use.

Joe
"Necessity is the mother of invention." And no, that was NOT a quote from Frank Zappa!

it doesnt matter to me whether its up or down,,,,as long as they hit the toilet so i dont step in it in the dark or anytime,,,,im a bare footer.

I have to agree with the guys. I do not expect the seat to be put down and I do not set it up. After having male children I am happy to find it up because if it is not, they whittled on it.
smile_m_32.gif

LOL, I think most Moms could agree
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]as long as they hit the toilet so i dont step in it

I hope most guys at least hit the seat. The floor is a pretty darn bad shot.

Joe

You know what I hate. I hate when women put that furry thing on the seat cover and then when you put the seat up and start peeing it falls down. My wife use to put on there, I ask her nice to take it off. She never did. So I took it off and threw it in the floor. She put it back on and I threw it on the floor again. I won that battle until we have company. I tell her you better hope they leave before I have to pee.

My aunt's house has a toilet seat that for someone refuses to stay up. You can't lean it all the way back because it is slightly tensioned (!?), and snaps back. You have to balance it juuuuust right to get it stand up perfectly straight. Not too far back as to swing at you, and not too far forward as to fall straight down. I'm always paranoid of course that it will attack me while I'm relieving myself.

You thought your life was dangerous, try going to the bathroom with a hostile toilet lid. So far, I have not had any "incidents," but it's very unnerving.

Ouch, that happened to my son during potty training! Barely missed, Whew!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (divaskid @ June 18 2004,9:54)]Because when a guy leaves the seat up it gives a huge opportunity for a girl to accidently sit on the nasty part of the toilet .....especially if its in the middle of the night and dark.  I have done this myself and it isn't pleseant at all. YUCK!

Where as as guys, whats the down side, except for a few seconds of 'hard labor' putting the seat up and then down when youre finished.

Granted I agree its not fair, but unless we start having seperate bathrooms in the house it won't change much. Plus it just doesn't look good to have the toilet seat up. hehe
I've done that just because I was tired
smile.gif
It was daylight and everything.
This topic is creepy because I'm typing it from my toilet seat.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

At work, the nearest bathroom to me has a toilet seat that is consistent as nothing. Sometimes it stays up on its own and other times it snaps shut, while I'm peeing. It takes nerves of steel and good reflexes to stop the seat and not miss the bowl. I took the liberty to rig a cord to keep the seat up, but three times a week the bathroom gets cleaned by a woman who undoes my efforts and NEVER outs it back. How rude!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Because when a guy leaves the seat up it gives a huge opportunity for a girl to accidently sit on the nasty part of the toilet .....especially if its in the middle of the night and dark. I have done this myself and it isn't pleseant at all. YUCK!

Don't you LOOK before you sit? What do you do? Drop pants and just back up all the way to the toilet? For heaven's sake!

My wife and I have an agreement....I put the seat down in one bathroom, and the other I don't.

Back