Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: He's finally here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

I would still send him the bill, notwithstanding he didn't offer, or that he is a miserable human being. It is only right that he pays - at least half. When we got our Shar-Pei, because they are bred for the wrinkles, she had just a few too many around her eyes & got an infection right away. The vet recommended a little 'plastic surgery' to remove some of the skin since she was a pet & not for show. I mentioned it to the breeder in passing not expecting anything & she asked me how much the bill was & sent a check for half of the amount right to the vet. I had had her for a few months by this time. It was just the right thing to do. It won't cost you anything but the stamp to send it to him with a sweet little note letting him know you expect him to pay since he obviously sold you a sick dog.
    And why can't you report him to the Kennel Club?
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK really does take too much from people... She shouldn't drop things like that... she needs to learn to stand up for herself!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...if this man were normal, I could do that. But he isn't. He's rude, arrogant, uncommunicative, and totally unwilling to take responsibility for his mistakes. You can't reason with someone like that. Obviously if he were a decent person, he would have volunteered to pay the bill. Besides...he has an "out"--a 30-day return policy. I can return Ollie for any reason within 30 days. All he has to say is "If you are unhappy with the pup, return him", which of course I wouldn't do. Who's going to return a pet they've gotten attached to?

He is a lost cause...just one of those unreasonable, miserable people in this world. At least Ollie doesn't have his personality!

Ollie has just discovered....SHOES. I've had to return about 6 to my bedroom in the last 10 minutes.

At least he is feeling better! He's also grown enough to jump up on the chairs on the deck. Jonah could climb like a mountain goat...I wonder if Ollie will follow in his pawprints.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Spec about giving Ollie a high quality food. We used to give Gypsy Wysong and have recently switched (I'll have to check for the type) to one she likes better. In the puppy training course we took a few years ago they talked quite a bit about food - some companies actually use paper pulp and or cornmeal as filler to extend the mix!

Also, PAK, see if you can a book called 'Positive Puppy Training Works' by Joel Walton, CPDT. It's a small paperback with excellent tips and methods.

WildBill

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always fed my dogs high quality food. Not only is it better for them but they have smaller poop! Jonah ate Science Diet but Ollie will be on Eukanuba Performance. I have never seen Wysong around here. Right now Ollie is eating the special gastrointestinal food but I am adding in the Euka. No grocery-store food for my dogs and no canned food!

Thanks for the book tip, Bill. I'll have to check that out. I'm hoping Ollie will go to obedience school (Jonah did). I would love to train him to be a Therapy Dog or Companion Dog but while fox terriers are VERY smart, they are also difficult to train because they are easily distracted. Its also a lot of time. I'll see how it goes. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a show ring...I can just see it...."Westminster Best in Show....Ollie Bean Macintosh"!! lol

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eukanuba Performance is kinda considered "regular" pet food... I would still switch to the "really high" quality. Eukanuba has preservatives, which can be harmful to many dogs... Also, Wysong just has overall better,healthyer ingredients

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, like all health food, Wysong's tastes like cardboard. My dogs didn't like it, although it is very high quality. Eukanuba is a lot better than supermarket brands, too. I settled on Canidae as my dogs love it, and it's pretty good stuff.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345