What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's finally here...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Well its been a long ordeal for the past month and a half, but the "labor" is finally over.  Thursday evening I got to pick up the long awaited new pup.  He is a tri-color male wire-haired fox terrier born March 11th at FyreWyre Kennel in South Carolina.

Please meet...Ollie Bean Macintosh.  Yes, he has three names since I couldn't decide and have to be different anyway.  His registered name may be different and he will most likely carry the FyreWyre kennel name.  But he will be Ollie at home.

He is like every puppy...never still, into everything, all loving and happy.  He plays hard and sleeps deep.  He has handled meeting a ton of people with good grace and enthusiasm.  He even stood his ground at PetSmart greeting a huuuuge mastiff and a large boxer, both of whom towered over him.  He showed no aggression or fear...greeting them nose to nose with tail a-wagging as if they were his size.  He has kept me very busy!

Here is Ollie Bean...

fuzzyfaceRS.jpg

Cute lil' fuzzy face.

bothsides.jpg

"I've looked at love from both sides now..."

letmeinRS.jpg

Let me in!

snoozin3RS.jpg

Zonked after hours of hard play.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

May he have as long and happy a life as his predecessor Jonah.  My heart still aches for my beloved Jonah but I'm sure Ollie will carve his place in my heart too.  He has a good start on that.  
smile.gif

Aww, congratulations on your bouncing 'baby'. Ollie looks absolutly adorable. I hope you two have many happy years together!
smile.gif

He is truly adorable Suzanne!
laugh.gif
May he bring the joy back into your heart. He won't replace Jonah, but he is sure to fill the void and bring you smiles for a long time to come!

I couldn't decide which of the pictures was cutest. They all are good pics of his personality.

Ohhh! Hes sweet!
smile.gif

I got my dog last August, he was small and cute like that!
But now, hes got big(hes a jack russel) and he misbehaves all the time! We went to a dog trainer, and she said ignore completely for 2 weeks. But that makes me want to touch him even more! But I will always love my dog no matter how much he misbehaves! Have a great time with your new dog, PlantAKiss!
smile.gif
May you fill each others hearts with love!
smile.gif

You need to change your avatar pronto... don't want Ollie getting a complex or anything.
smile.gif

Good looking pup. Does he eat CPs?
laugh.gif

Is that his dog house I see on the porch?

Great lookin' pup
smile.gif
In time you will both agree the you were fortunate enough to find each other.

congrats, very cute dog, i love that name!!! especially since im a sk8er
biggrin.gif

my mom and dad wont let me get a dog cuz they said i cant even clean up after my self -_-
Best Wishes,
Hellz

Yay Suzanne! He's adorable!
smile.gif
I hope you two have many years together.

Thanks everyone. Of course *I* think he's cute. In that first photo he looks a lot like Jonah did as a pup (of course, since they are both wires). Yes, that's his doghouse outside. Right now he'll have no use for it as he is NEVER unattended indoors or out. Too little and too much into EVERYTHING. He just chewed up a strand of chile lights
smile_h_32.gif

I will change my avatar but that'll be when I get one spare minute from puppy sitting. I'm off this week to get the little guy settled in. He goes in for his official office visit today to meet some of the folks who paid for him.
smile.gif

Off to catch up with "the beast".
biggrin.gif

See? Everything is fine in the end!

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Arf! Arf!

My dog chews threw everything asswell!
Here is the list of destruction:
A small section on the sofa(he chewed off the corner)
About 5 inches of the carpet is gone
Chewed threw about 5 bags of dog food(he didnt even eat the food)
Destroyed some bird sandpaper
Chewed off a corner of the pillow(feathers were everywhere and they were still coming out)
Chewed threw a bag of flour(flour was everywhere)
He did LOADS more things than that. And he is still doing it.
He could even destroy something today...........

Congratulations, Suzanne!  Yay, Ollie is here!  That's a great name, too.  He looks just like an Ollie.  
biggrin.gif
  I love the pic of him with his head tilted (I was going to say 'nice guyed' but I knew that would get mangled with the filter), that is so charming!

What a wonderful pup! He is tooooo cute! I'm sure you and Ollie will be happy for a long time together.
biggrin.gif

OOOOOhhhhhh! He IS cute! What a darling. First thing I thought of when I saw the name was of the show "Oliver Beene". Won't comment on the last part. Maybe you could have just named him Apple, like what's her name's daughter. ;)

He is cute. I hope he dosne't chew anything expensive. My dog chewed up my brand new cell phone, when he was a puppy.

His head looks too big for his body. ( I better run before PAK gets her mallot)
smile_n_32.gif

lol Ozzy...actually you are not the first person to make that comment. However...I think its because of his face fuzz. His body coat is flat (he's been stripped) but his head is untouched so he has a long "feathers" of hair all over his head. If he were wetted down on his head, it would probably look normal.

Overall, he is a lot smaller than I thought he'd be for 14 weeks. But Jonah was large for a fox terrier and Ollie, being "show quality", will most likely be a lot smaller.

He has made many attempts to chew up my glasses, my hair, TV remote, hair clips, electrical cords, boxes and basically anything not nailed down and some that are nailed down. Typical baby. He's entering teething stage so everything is in his mouth. He's very sweet though.
smile.gif

Unfortunately he is not eating well so I'm worried about that. I will be talking to the vet tonite or tomorrow about it. He can't keep going like a train with no fuel in him.
confused.gif

Oh no!!! Hope hes O.K!
My dog does not always eat well, he leaves all his food. Sometimes he eats it,sometimes he does not.
We asked the vet and he said thats the dog telling you"Im not hungry"
But I hope hes gonna be O.K.

Aw he is so adorable! I love his spots and his cute ears! He could be homesick or maybe misses eating the food Mr. Grumpy Pants fed him???

Congratulations Suzanne !!

I wish Ollie could come play with Gypsy.

When we had our Dalmatian, Casey, he would eat and chew everything he could get including tubes of paint, a $50.00 red sable watercolor brush, and markers too. We were mostly worried about electrical cords. What finally worked was this spray stuff called 'bitter apple'. I'd spray things with it and casually toss them about the house - he'd get a taste of that stuff and then shake his head with the funniest goofy face. That little bottle was the ONLY thing he was ever afraid of - you just had to pick it up and he'd run away.

Gypsy is a much gentler dog - we haven't had much of a problem except when she was a pup and when we would cross the street she would leap up and latch onto my pants on the front of my thigh. I was really happy when that phase ended.

Good luck with Ollie and keep us posted!!

WildBill

Back