What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America's army

Hey,

I have found another game to obsess about... Fun realistic game... Really hard too!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Anyone else play it? Theres online multiplayer also!America's Army

Spec, it isn't really new... But let me tell you, a pain in the rear side to get working in Linux...  I've been playing for a while now, I find it interesting... How long've you been playing? How far have you gone in to training? The special ops missions are jaw dropping.

no, i meant a new game addiction for ME
cool.gif

Ive been playing only about a week, but its really fun! im gonna try to get past the special forces test tomorrow... i could always have my dad do them though
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] im gonna try to get past the special forces test tomorrow..

Good thing it's summer, pleanty of time to kill... just to try it once takes a LONG time... First you need to talk to five people, then do the class, then look and cram in some more info, and then take a timed test.. Yowza!

Hm, have you unlocked the advanced marksmanship training? That's really what I'm after....

actually, you gotta talk to 8 people!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Advanced marksmanship... I have that available. you get it by getting 36 our of the 40 targets in the first weapons course... pretty hard!

Ahh, ok, I can do that, no problem... What graphics card are you using to play?? Oh, another annoying part of the special ops training is that when you're talking with the people, there's so much stuff going on in the background that it slows down...

Forget it
smile_n_32.gif
I just know that I had some problems running it with a Radeon 9200, so it's pretty graphically demanding. I like how you can actually learn something from the game, I don't mean how to most effectivly camp in a building (happens to often), but the different aspects of the Special Ops in real life, the information that you get about identifying vehicles and weaponry. Pretty cool. In terms of multiplayer, I've stuck mainly to the first map (the urban, night one).

Boy are you missing out!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
You HAVE to try the other maps... Defence on radio tower is the bomb! The weapon cache one (Dont remember exact name) is pretty awesome too! Right now I only have like 13 honor
confused.gif

Hm, I'll have to try those the next time I play. My dad and I were considering having an unsued computer be a server for multiplayer, maybe I'll try it. Oh well, we'll see. Darn it, now I feel like playing again :p

dude get counter strike.....now that is addiction....

blah... Counter Strike...

BLAH!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
BORING!

Starcraft (SC) Is much better than counter strike (CS)

Well, if we're gonna bring up FPS's, then I'd have to say that you should all check out Deus Ex 1 and 2.  I've only played the ones for the computer, and those are awesome, I can't vouch for the x box one.  Can anyone think of any titles that were awesome games, but never really made it big (all genres, not only first person's)?  Off the top of my head I can think of Hostile Waters: Anteus Rising,  Startopia,  Master of Orion 3 (most people were too impatient/stubborn to get in to it)...  Anyone care to add to the list?

anyone know where i can get aimbot hacks for americas army?

pplt... cheater
smile_n_32.gif

I play the different Unreal games sometimes. I'm not much of a gamer though

Joe

I never looked in to the whole honour thing, I haven't played that much, care to explain?
smilie4.gif
As for the hack, search on google, it's bound to be out there somewhere... Besides to get honour, don't you need to play on official servers which use Punk Buster?

Are grafic cards a nessecity for computer gaming? I dont have one... do they make any difference.

I cant wait for Doom 3 to come out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ June 29 2004,4:15)]I never looked in to the whole honour thing, I haven't played that much, care to explain?  
smilie4.gif
 As for the hack, search on google, it's bound to be out there somewhere... Besides to get honour, don't you need to  play on official servers which use Punk Buster?
for your kills and objectives that you do give you honor.... so pretty much if your honor number is 10 youre a noob and if its 50 you're an expert
smile_m_32.gif

There are punkbuster hacks too

Yes pondboy you need a graphics card

Back