What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The copper thanks thread

Hello,

I really think one of these needs to be started. There have been lots of topics for others who have given copious amounts of plants away... But none ever for Copper! I'm sure a lot of us remember when Rose started out last year... She asked for a few free plants, promosing she would eventually give cuttings away, but she got bashed a lot by other members (DOH I think i gave her a hard time once... sorry Rose!) Well, she DID get a few plants, and multiplied them, and gave a few away... and most those people in turn gave her lots of plants back! Ever since she has been sharing ALL of her plants, not just CP, but other exotics as well. I think we ALL owe her thanks for her HUGE contribution to these forums! Not to mention how much she helps out in "regular"
smile_m_32.gif
society... Shes a cop!

Last summer I was nearing 100 species of CP... And I did 2 large moves, and I lost all but 20-30 species! Rose was one of the first to help re-gain my collection. Today, I already have nearly  70-80 species! Much were gifts from others helping me re-gain my collection! I would like to give 2 thumbs up to all of these contributing members, and 4 GREEN thumbs (
smile_m_32.gif
) To Rose!

Nows the part where everyone sends a specie or two of CP to her for what she's done!!
THUMBSUP.GIF

-Spec

P.S.-
Others that sent me plants were: (in no particular order)

Capslock
Sundewd
Bobz
Goldtrap2690
Nick Hubbell
I'm sure I've forgotten a few... please step forward if you're not listed...

I would like to thank these people as well!

Hear, hear! A big shout out to copper for just being a fine person! I'm working on some ping cuttings for you, copper. I have P. laueana and P. esseriana cuttings just about ready to go, and am just now confident taking a P. 'Gerorge Sargent' for you. As soon as it's going, off they go in the mail.

And thanks to everyone who trades and distributes plants and makes this a great hobby!

Capslock

She is also putting together the Midwest Carnivorous Plant Society (of course others are contributing, I think) but she is putting the page together and ...........other "stuff" like that. Many thanks.
Also if I remember right when she sent me the one Sarr. I wanted most (tarnok or leuco.), she not only sent some Drosera as well but 4 seedlings of Sarr. something (I forget the names) and to top it off she said she would send them whether I had something to trade or not. Many thanks again, my first Sarr. pitcher opened today- from her.

Thanks
Joe

yes definately! Rose has been one of the best traders i've had the pleasure of trading with yet! She's great and what she gives you seems like more than what you give her, so be sure to give her some extras next time you trade because she's SO generous!

Yes, I have to deffinittly thank copper for what she has done to our cp community.  The reason She is special is because she is not the type of person who hoards hundreds of different varieties in their collection, like hundreds of Sarracenia's or Drosera's.  She is a common grower like most of us who grows a few of everything in general.  
And when ever she has spare plants, division she readily gives them away to beginner's, or even anyone who looks for a plant in general.  
So I think that everyone should take time to thank people like Copper, Tamlin, Pyro, and everyone else who shares plants, seeds, and what not.

It takes a rare person who has the love of giving as much as copper.

I think this should reach at LEAST 4 pages long, When I had some Darlingtonia to trade, she asked for only one when I offered three, and sent me about TEN Plants back (Not to mention the Byblis seed, and others)
smile.gif
Two thumbs up!

I'm appauled... just appauled... You foos who didnt reply should be ahsamed of yourselves!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_t_32.gif

Thanks to Copper, my collection has more than doubled the number of species I am growing! The seeds she sent recently I noticed under a magnifying glass over the weekend are starting to sprout...

Thanks, Copper!

I can't say enough good about Copper. I know that packing, labelling, tracking and sending CP's takes time, effort and expense. This kind of mega sharing makes ripples that spread, and the results are more people with more plants. This is a promising thing for future growers who will have the chance to get these plants much more easily than we all have.

This is the kind of effort that I would love to see others embrace. The more growers that share their plants, the better the chances for these plants to remain with us to pass on to other generations. It is a gift twice given: once to the person who gets the plant, and secondly to the future.

I am very happy to share with growers like Copper, because I know that those who make the effort to share are the real nobility in our CP society. This is what being a good CPer is all about.

Yes, this page should be 4 pages long. Copper has shared with so many of us (myself included, just recently!) that she deserves all the praise the community can muster.

Thanks so much for all you do, you are one good woman!

I send Copper thanks on every shipment I get from her. If it is something she is sending to be nice, or a trade... It's amazing how much time she finds to do this... With her very demanding job and home life... Thanks for making us a part of your crazy day!!
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jaje61 @ June 28 2004,3:55)]Thanks to Copper, my collection has more than doubled the number of species I am growing!  The seeds she sent recently I noticed under a magnifying glass over the weekend are starting to sprout...

Thanks, Copper!
Same here. I'd also like to add BCK, Wickedthistle, JBL, Khoas, ChristerB, Tamlin, Noah, and....

I'm adding my thanks to this lovely lady & it's not for any cp's.  I have 'conversed' with her on a few occasions on other topics & have found her to be gracious & a real great person.  Whatever town is lucky enough to have her working for them is certainly blessed.  
biggrin.gif

I missed this thread entirely.  Thanks guys and gals for your vote of confidence.  One correction, in the beginning I did not ask for plants, but I did jump on every offer to get what I did not have..and still do
smile_m_32.gif
So pay me back, when I offer please pay me back and take what I offer.  It is selfish thing, giving feels good and the plants are spread.

I also have about 800 seedlings of various plants about to be offered.  DO NOT LEAVE ME WITH THESE!

I have to add that Tamlin and Bob Z started my collection off well. Pyro, Capslock and others have added to it on a regular basis.  What makes this a wonderful community is that everyone shares.

No need for this to be four pages long.  Enough said and I am in-bare-a**ed enough.
smile_n_32.gif

edit : Oops! I would also like to thank those that have shared their seed with me. Most of the next offers come from seed of Tamlin, Forbes and Homer, but many others have help.

Hey Copper! Those utric you gave me eariler this year are doing fabulous! All 3 of the terres utrics are flowering already! The aquatics are getting big too.
Thanks
ps Those flava seedlings are still alive (always a good sign =P) but i'm not to sure if they are all (if they are at all) rugelii
smile_h_32.gif
there seem to be some variation between them...

Back