What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mnemonic device

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
When I learned them our teacher taught us: "King Phillip Came Over From Germany Stoned." My wife learned it as: "King Phillip Came Over From Germany Sanctified."

Any other variations?

King Phillip came over for great sex
King Phillip came over for good sphaghetti

King Phillip crawled over fat girls' stomachs. Not mine, I learned that in college freshman bio.

King Phillip crawled over fat Genlisea stolons.

We had a great one that our chem teacher taught us for the periodic table. Keeping in mind that I've never actually had any cause to remember the periodic since I finished chemistry. I can still remember the first sentence..
Harry he likes Betty but can not obtain frequent necking.

H, He, Li, Be, B, C, N, O, F, Ne

I had one for Kingdom, Phyllum that my biol teacher gave us but I very much doubt it will get through the filter.

Cheers, Troy.

How about the one to remember all the necessary plant nutrients?

C. HOPKINS CaFe is Mighty good with some Manganese Cloride. Its so good that the Mob Comes In.

This translates to: C, H, O, P, K, I, N, S, Ca, Fe, Mg, Mn, Cl, Mo, B, Cu.

There you go, all the Macro and Micro nutrients needed by plants.

I had a Lichens class when I was in college and for our lab final we had to ID 50 lichens to genus and species. The one I had the most trouble with was Ocrowlichia tartaria. So, I made up the saying "old crows lick tatar sauce". Now I'll never forget the darn thing!

steve

Pretty durn cool! The trick with remembering ANYTHING is to get it out of short term memory and into long term memory.

Did Kinf Phillip really get stoned? Good for him! Long Live the King!

umm we learned it as....

um....

Kids play
confused.gif
? on .....

Iv forgotten it because it was lame. But i aced the test on it, i think.

King Phillip Came Over From Germany Stoned is much more eisely rememverd

"King Paul cried out for good soup"
Does anyone remember the one for the planets?
My friend's is
"my very elderly mother just saw ugly naked people"

Back