What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are my three plants a total loss?

• Thread starter jeffsz28
  • Start date
Went on vacation for 8 days and forgot to tell my buddy to water my cp plants. well my one sundew-pitcher-flytrap fell apart. they had recieved tons of rain from sitting outside before i left and i keep them inside with my ac running while i was gone. came home and all the plants soils were dry as a bone
smile_h_32.gif
but those three plants all died off- now is there any way the roots are still alive or are they a complete loss?

Thanks Jeff

The same exact thing happened to me once, I had dug up my Biggest S. Flava, and I had to go on vacation, so I told my mom to plant it and keep it watered but she forgot, when I got home all the leaves were dead, even the new spring pitchers that were just forming, well I planted it and kept it with all my other plants, and just today two little things that looked like blades of grass started poking out! It took about two months but if you take good care of them they should start popping out soon

Hmm only thing is the blades of grass you see could be just that
smile_h_32.gif
but thanks i guess i will hold on too them?

Jeff

Many of the commonly sold sundews may return from the roots after a couple of months time, if the roots were not totally dired off. I suggest you keep your pot moist but not wet, and see what happens. I have had plants return from the grave if they are treated with patience.

Back