What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ozzy you out there?

Hey this is Jeff do you still have any extra plants around at your house? I need to replace a sundew you gave me and the pitcher plant you gave me
smile_h_32.gif
forgot to have them watered why i was gone on vacation
smile_h_32.gif

Let me know thanks Jeff

Sorry to hear about the plants, but kinda crass to go asking for more from the guy that gave them to you, on a public forum especially after killing them out of negligence.

Perhaps that's kinda harsh.. O well!
T

I have to agree, although if I know Ozzy he will probably replace them.

"Forgot to water" is not a good excuse, because that factor IS in your control. Sorry you slipped up, and I hope you can replace them and that you learn from this.

ditto... I'm dieing to hear your responce mark! (holds up pinky to his mouth) SPEAK INTO THE MICROPHONE!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Just so you know, you have the PM (personal message) option to use.
smile.gif

Sorry Jeff, I have been a little busy in the last week. Just so all you know he didn't just ask on a public forum. He sent me an email explaining what happened and I have been so busy I forgot to answer him.
There was more to his story than just forgetting to water. He took a trip to the Green Swamp and was looking for cp's. He misjudged how much water his plants needed while he was gone.
Jeff, I'm sorry to tell you that last fall my plants was attacked by birds and squirrels. This winter, my bog was flooded and clay washed through it, killing everything on one whole side. I don't have any spares right now, I'm trying to get my stock back up. I haven't even been able to sell any at the flea market this year.
Phil has some very good deals right now, search pft and see what he has.
I'll keep you in mind when I have something extra. I can't wait to hear you complete Green Swamp story.

Spec, sorry to disappoint you but I only use the good responses on you.
smile_n_32.gif

Hey Mark sorry to hear bout your loss - well if i come across anything i will hook you up. yeah i would have to send you the pictures through email cause i have no clue how to upload onto websites. Thats for putting some input into what the other members were saying.

Guys i have alot of personal stuff going on in my life right now and god forbid i miss judge the water of my plants when i'm trying to relax on vacation..... think before you open your mouth bout someone....

Jeff, Send the pics to my new email address---> voodoodancer@gmail.com I'll post them to you story when you write it.

I wouldn't be too hard on the guys here. They didn't know the story behind what happened to your plants, only I did. The members here that belive in sharing their plants have been taken advantage of many times by people who use this site to get free plants. It's against the rule here to openly ask for free plants. I don't believe anybody did anything wrong, since they didn't know the story.
Can't we all just get along??
smile_m_32.gif

Ozzy hit it on the head..

Be careful about saying I don't think before I 'open my mouth'
All I have to go on is what I read. I formulate my replys quite clearly based on what I read, and put alot of thought into what I post.

I will leave it at that....

Tony

Back