What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fairenheight 9/11

Just wondering if anyone has seen it yet. Post your imputs! I've heard the guy shows " 'some very loose connections he tried to make', alot. He seemed to use things that are shocking and funny to distract people, when he really isnt making any decent point, but at the moment its what stays in the persons head and they dont even realize he wasnt even making any real point. he just think he manipulate things and goes about it in a way to attract younger people who cant see through some of his crap."
Thats what I heard
confused.gif

I am not interested in seeing it. To me its a MOVIE that has been released at a strategic time to try to make a sway. Its nothing more than a cheap tactic to persuade those who have no real political conception. A movie is a movie-nothing more.

Joe

I also noticed that in interviews or columns that some of the same things keep coming up. Like the "connection" between the Bush family and the Bin Laden family. This has been known for quite some time. Bush is from the oil industry and as we all know, so are the Bin Ladens. It seems to me that it is obvious that they would know each other and not unimaginable that they were on friendly terms. Osama however has been outcasted by his family. There is frequently a bad seed in every family, what it has to do with the rest of thye family. I don't know. Further what it has to do with friends of the family, I know not that either.
Another is the "issue" of him spending 5minutes or so with some children at a school when the second tower was hit.
confused.gif
What would he have been able to do to stop the plane in 5-10minutes?

Joe

I sure hope theres more strategy to "their" plan than a movie and a new book that has gotten very lame reviews.
biggrin.gif

It's a great movie. It's been almost universally praised by critics, and I see why having now seen it.

Yes, Moore offers commentary that is certainly from a point of view. He edits for effect, and has some propensity to hyperbole. But none of that should detract from the fact that it's an extremely well-done film that asks legitimate questions and raises many valid points about this President, 9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Capslock

Those who are not willing to face the truth, don't watch the movie. It is indeed easier to call something a lie or bogus, rather than face the truth of what is happening. Kinda hard to walk around with blinders on, whether with CP, or the current world situation.

I am sorry and this is the only comment I am going to make here but Michael Moore is an IDIOT. I decided this after Columbine and I will never go back. He is a propogandist like none I have ever seen.

Give me his budget and a little time and I can come up with a movie that takes everything he says and turns it 180 makig GW look spot-less and clean

LEARN TO THINK FOR YOURSELVES! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Do not let Hollywood actors and actresses and starlettes and pop idols and musicians tell you how things in the world are today. Use your brain and get the information yorself. Remember that most of thos people have less than a high school education and are saying what is trendy and popular just to keep their money rolling in. And don't just read your local newspaper that is equally biased. Go global. How many of you actually know how many times Saddam prevented UN weapons inspectors from performing their duties? How many of you are aware of the mobile BSL 4 labs that he had? How many of you knew about the fleet of tanker truck filled with botulin? All of these items were published and reported, even in the U.S. but it is interesting how conveniently everyone chosses to forget them when IDOITS like Michael Moore start preaching about how the world really is

I haven't seen it but my understanding is that it is a documentary...not a movie. Movies are scripted, rehearsed and for the most part fiction or recreations of actual events. Isn't there actual live film footage in it?

Michael Moore is always outspoken, has no fear of public opinion and likes to make people think by stimulating controversy. Generating discussions/debates is one way to get people thinking so...I'd say...his film is successful, even here.
smile.gif
Certainly no one has to agree with his views but its good to present food for thought.

i highly doubt its a documentary. Bowling For Columbine wasnt. i really dont want to get into this argument, i already have on enough forums and would rather not on the one i tend to call home but i will go and find a link about the Columbine movie that will REALLY get you thinking that Michael Moore is nothing more than quite a CREATIVE film editor and propagandist. half the stuff in Bowling was either made up or staged and how he got an award for it being a documentary is beyond me.

Rattler

They are certainly documentaries. They are news clips, footage, and an array of facts accompanied by commentary.

Pyro, I'm a news junkie. I get news from more sources than most people know extist. Pretty much everything in F-9/11 is stuff that I already knew, and nothing is made up. Unfotrunately, I think you've been had. Those were not mobile weapons labs or tankers full of butulin, and Colin Powell has even admitted that now. It was faulty intelligence. The independent 9/11 Commission found no evidence of a WMD program, and certainly now we know that Iraq was no threat to the US or even their neighbors.

Farenheidt 9/11 has been almost universally praised by critics, even on the ultra-conservative Fox News. It raise hard and relevant questions that need to be faced, no matter how much easier it is to just think Moore is an idiot.

Rattler, be careful of those so-called debunking sites. They are so biased it's not funny. And the criticisms seem to melt on close observation. There were things in BfC that were edited to make a point, but Moore is up front about having a point of view, especially in Bowling for Columbine. F-911 is a rigorously researched documentary, which I can attest to having read and digested most all of the facts there over the last four years. If you think you can debunk anything in the film, by all means try.

Capslock

Well said Capslock. And everything in this movie is a part of the public record, and can be researched. So like I said, Don't put blinders on, do your own research. I did.

Capslock while i do tend to agree with you on MOST debunking sites. this one actually has links to where he got his info for ppl to go look it up themselves and that is one of the main reasons i was willing to post it. i am not saying that Bush did no wrong and i have yet to see Moores new movie(i may rent it but i aint paying $7 plus to see it in theaters) what i am saying is personally i think Moore is an idiot who is only out to make a name for himself. after doing my own research on his first big movie i really dont trust him. ALSO in general i really dont trust news from the "big corprates" they tend to be very biased. i watch the news but i dont take them litterally most of the time. i work for a small weekly newspaper and i KNOW how easy it is to slant the "news" one way or the other. like i said i would rather not get into an argument on this forum, and would hate to make enemies here, however i thought i would post the link for others who may not be aware of the contraversy.

Rattler

I hear you rattler. I love a good political debate, and never think of people who disagree as anything but friends, but I know a lot of people get too emotional about it. I have more respect for someone who argues the other side than those who never say anything.

Bowling for Columbine had some twisting of facts and events to make a point, but nobody debates that the Columbine shooting happened, and that we have a whole lot of gun deaths. But it wasn't really an anti-gun movie. Moore points out over and over that they have lots of guns in Canada, as well as worse unemployment, but they don't the violence. The central thesis was that the US has a culture of fear that leads to violence, which is, in my opinion, completely true. Our news from the "big corporates" is biased, but not for a political party, but rather for sensationalism and alarmism. They flood us with images of violence and crime, making them seem way out of proportion to the actual problems.

Anyway, F9/11 struck me as less of an opinion or editorial than BfC, and more simply fact-based. It's still a Moore-style commentary, and makes Bush look pretty silly, but there are fewer editing tricks and more straight info.

Whatever your opinion of Moore, I find it refreshing that someone actually admits they have a point of view. All news and editorial comes from some bias or specific point of view, but nobody ever admits it. At least Moore does.

Capslock

well my views on alot of things tend to be unpopular with......well im not sure how to describe them, i think of them as soft "uneducated" ppl but even that isnt quite right. most of themthink everything they see on tv is the unbiased truth which drives me up the wall. i hate the fact that the major news medias play up all these "defencless hostages" but when they get footage of individuals who faught back such as the Italian gentalman who decided to show the terrorists how a real Italian dies and tried to attack his captors after they forced him to dig his own grave got almost NO air time. that is horrible im my views. and is only showing one side of the story.

alot of my view are very unpopular and ive been run out of a number of forum and would rather not have that happen here.

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] i hate the fact that the major news medias play up all these "defencless hostages" but when they get footage of individuals who faught back such as the Italian gentalman who decided to show the terrorists how a real Italian dies and tried to attack his captors after they forced him to dig his own grave got almost NO air time

Rattler, where did you hear about this? I never even heard about this Italian guy. Good for him! The fact I never knew about it really supports your point.

I will reserve judgement about f-9/11 until I see it for myself.

i saw it aired ONCE on one of the major channels about 8 weeks or more ago. i know i didnt see things cause someone else brought it up on another one of my "hobby" forums i visit where they have certain forums where politcs are often disscussed.

Rattler

I think its perhaps more than coincidental that Moore is outwardly Democratic and this movie or documentary as some may call it came out at a crucia point with elections nearing. In my opinion he comes off as a creative Al Gore. I think in one column i read put it just right. They said he is preaching to the choir. Folks that already hate Bush are goin to find more reason in this film. Folks that are pro-Bush are going to say we already knew these things and or they're a hoax. I personally think hes a propagandist with a little creativity.

While the word biased is mentioned. Do you think it would be wise for him pi** off the source of his $$$$$$$$. That in itself is also biased.

I'm with rattler though, I don't want any haters on here cause I like this place.

Joe

so bradbury is pissed off cause of the title eh

It's all good, Joe. No hating allowed!

Yes, Moore wants Bush out, and timed the movie for that purpose. It is indeed designed to make a point, and is written and presented to support a point of view. However, it doesn't repeat hoaxes or lie about anything. I don't think there's anything dishonest about having a point of view.

Capslock

I too like a good arguement. What I think makes me not want to see the movie is that its an arguement that I can't argue. I just have to listen and not get to respond to it except on something like this. Outside of this new one I just don't care for Moore.

Joe

Back