What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going to the green swamp

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I'm leaving for NC tomorrow. I'm going to visit some cp sites. I'll be there until Tuesday Morning. I'll be willing to give a tour if somebody wants to meet me there. Well let me know.

Cool, Have fun man.
I would love to but I'm no where near close. Is this like a makeup for Cranberry?

Joe

Well, gee, nothing like giving some folks a little notice!  Have a great time, Mark!
biggrin.gif

You have all the fun!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I would have liked to have an organized trip, with as many members as possible. I have been planning that for two years now, but circumstances have prevented me from getting it together.
This is not a completely happy trip. I just found out that my dad's wife is sick and I feel I need to see her.

Arg. I was just going to write how jealous I was until I saw that last part. Man, I'm sorry about that. I hope she recovers ok!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Another time amigo. We *WILL* do this someday, sooner than later.

Some day soon Tamlin, Some day soon.

Well I am getting ready to leave. I should be there late tonight. If anybody is interested in going, pm your phone number and I'll call you tomorrow.
Pak, You interested?

Hey Ozzy,
I just got invited to spend a week in late September with a friend in Charlotte.
Give me the the nearest town to Green Swamp so I can locate it on a map. I just gotta go see it.

Awwwwwwwwwww...I wanna go! Darn.
smile_h_32.gif
Well...let me know what kinda snakes you find in the swamp.
smile_n_32.gif
I hope your Dad's wife gets better soon and you have a nice time tramping the swamp. The NC Boy is goin' home.
smile.gif

Enjoy! Take pictures!

what a coincidence, I'm flying back to florida tuesday morning, and my plane stops in Charlotte for an hour, man I wish i could stay

Lauderdale,

Green Swamp is one long drive from Charlotte.

When you get a board trip together to head out that way, you should really plan to hit the swamp in the last week of May or first week of June after a winter burn. Having been there many many times I can tell you that is when it looks spectacular.

And for those of you going soon I assume you know where the main site that the Nature Conservancy uses for show is, but as your are coming north on 211 about 4.8 miles from 17, on the left there is a nice area of very open flat woods. The ditch there is filled with S. rubra and various Utrics. And there are some very nice stands of S. flava and Pingcula lutea in the field. Don't feel bad if you miss it though, I have a hard time finding it my self.

Also if you are brave enough to go exploring down some of the logging roads that go off to the left from 211, I have found some bodies of water slap full of U. inflata back in there. There are also some beautiful stands of atlantic white cedar in the area.

I'm so jellous, I just love it up there.

The nearest town is Supply. It's half way between Myrtle Beach and Wilimington. Charlotte is about 200 miles west. It's worth the trip though. Before you go I'll get together with you and tell you where to go.
I'm going to look at some new sites tha I've never been to before in Bladen county and one in south carolina. I'll also look for the site you told me about Jhupp. I'll let you know what I find.
Off to see the cp's, later.
smile.gif

Back