What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys i have found a new hobby

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
I am giving up Cps
smile_h_32.gif
. But i have found a new hobby in r/c offroad racing. it is awesome but real expensive well i guess this is goodbye
smile_r_32.gif
smile_r_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif
smilie4.gif

Well, I had wondered what had come of you. Have fun

Gas or electric? That is my "other" hobby also. I run gas. 1/10th scale. I have a few trucks. a RC-10gt. A Traxxas T-max and a Traxxas 4-Tec. Great fun!! ...and yes. pretty expensive... Good luck with it all!! Will you be keeping any cps?
Andrew

Where will the plants go? Gonna keep any?

*screams through mouthful of Triscuit* NOOOO!!

What made you make this decision? I have many hobbies, but CPs are still one of them...

I just sold all my gas cars. I had a HPI Nitro RS4 which went like 60mph and a HPI Savage truck that went like 40mph taht could jump over me.

I still fly electric planes that run off of lithium polymer batts. I sold a few, but have 3 left which I fly once a while on real nice calm non windy days.

BTW,
You can never have enough hobbies...
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am giving up Cps . But i have found a new hobby in r/c offroad racing. it is awesome but real expensive well i guess this is goodbye

hey if your giving up CP's im a newbie and i'd love to have them..write back!

Welcome to the forum. Please not the rule threads in this forum and the Trade forum. There are lots of generous folks out here that often give away seeds/plants on the Trade forum. So keep your eyes out for these posts. With that in mind please don't go around asking/begging for free plants.

Tony

not to mention some people, including myself, are reluctant to give plants to people with no or almost no experiance. what if someone gave you something rare and you let it die?

there are many, many free offers on the trade forum and all the ask of you is a SASE or a few dollars for shipping.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what if someone gave you something rare and you let it die?

No kidding! Ever see an angry mob of cp-ers?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

oh yeah.. thankfully they've never been mad at me!!

i'd hate to get on the bad side of members of this forum or CPUK. that's why you shouldn't ask for free plants, it's incredibly rude, and if someone gives you plants ALWAYS insist you pay for shipping unless they tell you they don't want it.

Everyone has to learn somewhere on how to grow different plants. So I don't have any problem with even someone new to the hobby replying to someone giving plants away. However keep in mind it is the responsibility of the person receiving the plants to learn about the plants they are interested in BEFORE acquiring something they have not grown previously.

Your best start is a good book like The Savage Garden and the person making the giveaway offer. These forums are also a great place to ask questions but try and do some homework first so you can be more specific in your questions to the folks here on the forum.

Tony

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I had a HPI Nitro RS4 which went like 60mph

Leslie......I have the same car.   It is a blast
biggrin.gif

Jmenprkr, can't you do both???  I also have a few r/c cars and trucks, and tried my luck on a plane once two years ago.....that suckers probably still flying away from me.........something went wrong with it on it's second flight and it kept on flying and wouldn't respond
confused.gif
 But anyway......I also raced once and had a blast........having alot of interests is usually a good thing too.......you never get bored!

Back