What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The missing element

• Thread starter Finch
  • Start date

Finch

Whats it to ya?
never mind its lame and stupid so forget it

angry-smiley-008.gif

you should grow spices, too.

But you do have the cutest emoticons!  (but I'm not referring to that bat thing)
We could make this a guessing game.  What is the missing element in any of our gardens?  
For me, it's a water feature.  We tried a small bog like thing last year but he wasn't happy with it.

Try again. I have way too many water plants!

Lets see, I want to add a Japanese sculpted garden...that's next. My poor husband.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But you do have the cutest emoticons!

thanks, but you shouldv seen what else was on the same list of emoticons (no, you shouldnt
smile_k_ani_32.gif
)

Um a herb section? thats what was missing in mine. I erased my section on how, er i always felt somethig was missing even tough i emulated my favorite parts from other gardens. I missed the fragrences of herbs. But i tought about the topic  (it was long) and tought about how, er, i felt it was kind of, um, too lala- fofo peaches and cream cutsi of a subject to post with people who mostly have carnivorus plants so i deleted it.  
smile_o_32.gif

that bat thing. i was wondering about it and i wonderd what everyone tought of it. Do you all like or dislike it? Im not shure about it, so i hope for some imput

Well, why can't you talk about herbs?  I'm pretty sure lots of folks here grow them too.  Even though I don't, myself, grow cp's, I have chives, this great oregano (really), several different thymes, curly parsley & basil.  Some are annuals, some perennials.

well i was kind of embarised. My favorite herb is Anise Hyssop, as the flowerheads are edible and the taste strongly reminds me of licorice candy

Oh, yes, & they smell wonderful, too!  I forgot, I also have yarrow (too much! anyone want any?).  I don't see why you would be embarassed about herbs.  They are an absolutely wonderful group of plants.  
biggrin.gif

Yarrow, im not familer with that one

So whats that missing elelment in your garden that you talked about?

Well, I said earlier that I didn't have any water feature.  I'd really like a stream flowing down from a bog with a fountain at the bottom.   Doesn't that sound nice?
I have common yellow yarrow, there are different varieties (naturally).  It has a medicinal use, I think it's a coagulant (stops bleeding).  It can grow very tall, like around 6 feet & spreads very easily.  *frown*

speechless-smiley-027.gif

that sounds complicated! if you want a pond and a bog garden, suround the pond by a bog gardern. The bog garden could have a retaining wall to , and it could watered by the pond's water lever. I saw that in a water garden book sumewhere.
speechless-smiley-004.gif

Yeah, that's something like I saw, too.  The design I saw actually incorporated a fountain so that the water was moving - except in the bog area.  I'm going to have to look for that again...

Back